Criminal Justice & Public Order Act 1994 Sec77

mlp666

Hi all,

Just got back to my van parked in Brighton to find a note on the window:

This Directed me to leave the said land "Street Name, Bourgh" with my Vehicle and any property! And not to come back for 3 months, or risk a fine!

My question is how can I avoid this happening again? and

Am i safe if I move to another road in the bourgh?

To be fair I had parked there for 5 days, so I guess moving about more might make me a more difficult target!

Not too familiar with the CJ and POA act you quote.

Who left the note council or the Police

If it is the latter, consider that if they are of the opinion you are aggrevating the locals every chance your van can be seized under s135 of the road traffic act

Channa.

Listen Buddy I understand monies tight etc and you possibly havent taken the Mickey ...But I can assure you pretty much that if youdropped glass it would break. Very lucky not to have got a s135 ....at least £250 in these parts to retrieve a vehicle before answering to the local mags ...be careful

Channa

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Just got back to my van parked in Brighton to find a note on the window:

This Directed me to leave the said land "Street Name, Bourgh" with my Vehicle and any property! And not to come back for 3 months, or risk a fine!

My question is how can I avoid this happening again? and

Am i safe if I move to another road in the bourgh?

To be fair I had parked there for 5 days, so I guess moving about more might make me a more difficult target!

I am of the opinion that 5 days in one place is just asking for trouble, gets the locals backs up and is not in the spirit of the wildcamping advocated here.

Channa,....why on earth were you there for 5 days??? This is not what wild camping is about!!! This is what tinkers do..they just park up and live for free on any available plot, to the annoyance and disregard for the local, council-tax paying residents. Sorry!, but I've got no sympathy for your plight.
Jackie :mad:

Whoops!! sorry channa, just realised my last message should have been directed to mlp666..not you!..please forgive my mistake.
Jackie:eek:

I am of the opinion that 5 days in one place is just asking for trouble, gets the locals backs up and is not in the spirit of the wildcamping advocated here.

I'm new to this and didn't intend any agro! and wasn't aware that this was against the ethics of this site. Maybe these should be poasted to new sign up's.

I was parked along side a park, not in front of anybody's house. I didnt cause any noise nucence. As there were 4 other campers parked there (still parked there) i presumed it was cool.

My question is will the section 77 apply only to the street named or the whole bourgh?

I am a stained glass artist and have just landed a position in Hove and don't have the cash to get a flat yet, if ever! The gauling thing is that this came from Brightons Enviroment agency... I'm curently restoring the windows in the oldest building in the town...

mlp666,
As sympathetic as I am to your plight, (been seriously hard up myself in the past) if you are working in the area, could you not find £5 ish a night for a CL site close to where you are working, and then you are legit, and paying your dues..and not free-loading?
Your time off then 'wild camping' would be all the sweeter!!
Jackie

I'm new to this and didn't intend any agro! and wasn't aware that this was against the ethics of this site. Maybe these should be poasted to new sign up's.

I was parked along side a park, not in front of anybody's house. I didnt cause any noise nucence. As there were 4 other campers parked there (still parked there) i presumed it was cool.

My question is will the section 77 apply only to the street named or the whole bourgh?

I am a stained glass artist and have just landed a position in Hove and don't have the cash to get a flat yet, if ever! The gauling thing is that this came from Brightons Enviroment agency... I'm curently restoring the windows in the oldest building in the town...
If we can offer advice to the newer members then that is what we are here for.
Your plight is acknowledged and By your reply I can tell you are as devastated about your situation.

My suggested actions in your predicament would be to move around often, not congregate with other M/Hs as this gives the authorities the chance to use new age traveller legislation against you.
Keep clear of housing areas, as this antagonises curtain twitchers. Further more if you are working on a building , then ask if you can park up in the car park overnight , offer a small fee to them or seek their advice on a place that would be suitable. You are in the wrong town to wildcamp in one place.

mlp666,
As sympathetic as I am to your plight, (been seriously hard up myself in the past) if you are working in the area, could you not find £5 ish a night for a CL site close to where you are working, and then you are legit, and paying your dues..and not free-loading?
Your time off then 'wild camping' would be all the sweeter!!
Jackie

As it happend no i didn't have £5...

CL site? I would be happy now i have the cash to pay for a site as long as it was accesable to my place of work.

If you can let me know of these CS you mention, i'd appreciate it.

Mark

Just my my thought, but I think I read somewhere that if there is less then 6 vehicles there has to be a court order ordering your removal, or is this what you got?

As it happend no i didn't have £5...

CL site? I would be happy now i have the cash to pay for a site as long as it was accesable to my place of work.

If you can let me know of these CS you mention, i'd appreciate it.

Mark

I tried to answer your post and having probs for some reason???...

But what i wanted to say is that you have had a bit of a break !!!..In other parts of the country your van would be seized under section 135 of the RTA ..I twould cost on average £200 to get it back and that is BEFORE you have had a chat with the local magistrates..!!

Seriously be very careful.

Channa

In other parts of the country your van would be seized under section 135 of the RTA
Channa

I am intrigued in your quotation of section 135 of the RTA:

Power to prescribe form of certificate of registration, etc.
135.—(1) Regulations may prescribe all or any of the following—
(a) a form of certificate for issue to persons whose names are in the register as evidence of their names' being in the register,
(b) a form of badge for use by such persons, and
(c) an official title for such use.
(2) If a person whose name is not in the register—
(a) takes or uses a title prescribed under this section, or
(b) wears or displays a badge or certificate so prescribed, or
(c) takes or uses any name, title, addition or description implying that his name is in the register,
he is guilty of an offence unless he proves that he did not know, and had no reasonable cause to believe, that his name was not in the register at the material time.

(3) If a person carrying on business in the provision of instruction in the driving of motor vehicles—
(a) uses a title or description so prescribed in relation to any person employed by him whose name is not in the register, or
(b) issues any advertisement or invitation calculated to mislead with respect to the extent to which persons whose names are in the register are employed by him,
he is guilty of an offence unless he proves that he did not know, and had no reasonable cause to believe, that the name or names in question were not in the register at the material time.
What relevance has driving instructors certificates etc. to the point in question?
Are we talking UK law here?

So I take it that you are a full timer and bordering no income, and on your own but don't class yourself as a new age traveler.
I am wondering how you eat at night
pay for gas
fuel
all the other running cost of a motor home sorry if it seems a bit close
to home if you now what I mean :D:D

So I take it that you are a full timer and bordering no income, and on your own but don't class yourself as a new age traveler.
I am wondering how you eat at night
pay for gas
fuel
all the other running cost of a motor home sorry if it seems a bit close
to home if you now what I mean :D:D

I am slightly bemused to whom you are directing your post ?

I am full time and has for my finances every penny has been earned tax paid etc.

The fact I choose not to pay in excess of £20000 per annum in taxes has I have done in the past is with respect my business, has is my choice to use equity from an ex marital home to fund my lifestyle.

I guarantee I have not cost the taxpayer a penny in the last 12 months. Although we could have a conversation in respect of immigrants who seem entitled to everything. It doesnt pay to be indigineous ?

Of course our society has freeloaders but I can assure you I am not one of them..

Channa

Sounds to me like your a decent chap trying to scratch a living doing something worthwhile in the local community. What gets me so angry is that you end up in trouble after 5 days but every flipping year our lovely part of the North Yorkshire dales has gypsies that come and park on village greens and verges on their way to and from Appleby horse fair and they stay for weeks leaving their S..t and stuff when they leave so the council ends up putting toilets out for them that I flipping well have to pay for with my outrageously high council task!!!!!! AGHHHHH!. They will pick on you because they think they will be able to intimidate you and you wont know all the tricks the Gypos do. Sorry this happened to you. I would tend to just move around a bit and to be honest I would avoid places where there are lots of other vans. CL's Certified Locations and CS Certified Sites are run by the Caravan Club and Caravan and Camping Club and are basically small basic sites in fields, farms or pub car parks with varying facilities from nothing, just a field to showers and electric hook up. Officially they are only supposed to take 5 vans. They are quite a nice option and range in price from about £5 per night to £12. Your supposed to join either organisation to use them which is around £35 per year. I would keep wilding but just be discrete and move around every couple of days. At least your battery will get charged!

Dont let the B.....ds grind you down!!!!!

Cheers
Barry

I am slightly bemused to whom you are directing your post ?

I am full time and has for my finances every penny has been earned tax paid etc.

The fact I choose not to pay in excess of £20000 per annum in taxes has I have done in the past is with respect my business, has is my choice to use equity from an ex marital home to fund my lifestyle.

I guarantee I have not cost the taxpayer a penny in the last 12 months. Although we could have a conversation in respect of immigrants who seem entitled to everything. It doesnt pay to be indigineous ?

Of course our society has freeloaders but I can assure you I am not one of them..

Back on topic, in respect of s135 it will teach me to post in the early hours. I was of course referring too s165a of the rta and assumptions on my part.

The fact that the OP can satisfy S165 ? and deflect a GV9 ...I was mistaken and referring to the Section 59 police reform act 2002 apologies
Channa

Not aimed at you channe and cannot fault fulltime wilding. do it myself if had the money and and a bit of nerve to break the mold if you now what I mean. If anyone can live free without the stain on others all causing a problem good luck, I hate paying taxes on top of taxes on so on blah, blah etc but until you break from the norm we have too :mad:
But you wont get a argument about politics because there is never a straight answer:eek:
Good luck with your wilding the cheaper the better:D

But you wont get a argument about politics because there is never a straight answer:eek:
:D

Heavens above, I wouldnt argue politics. My opinions on this one are best kept to myself.

I have a slight irritation re my tone that a lot of people think because I choose to live the way I do, They are paying for it !! ...well short of the truth.

Blanket labelling is the easy option to a lot of folk

Channa

Heavens above, I wouldnt argue politics. My opinions on this one are best kept to myself.

I have a slight irritation re my tone that a lot of people think because I choose to live the way I do, They are paying for it !! ...well short of the truth.

Blanket labelling is the easy option to a lot of folk

Channa

Opps looks like I have touch a nerve on Free living nothing wrong with it,
We all pay our way some pay more than others.
You said you have left the rat race, thats great:cool: so if I was in your position then I would be chilling every day unless full time wild camping
is not as lay ed back as I thought:eek:

Opps looks like I have touch a nerve on Free living nothing wrong with it,
We all pay our way some pay more than others.
You said you have left the rat race, thats great:cool: so if I was in your position then I would be chilling every day unless full time wild camping
is not as lay ed back as I thought:eek:

No nerves touched I assure you, And despite the romanticisms, the books still have to balance.

You also quickly reach a stage that ownership of Bricks and mortar become out of reach. There are strings attached to whatever lifestyle we choose it seems

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back