Crack in shower tray-Can I fix it?

There once was s ebay seller who had GRP Back panels for Ducatos he packed up selling then destroyed the mold.

Cupid stunt, I had already offered to buy it.

There once was s ebay seller who had GRP Back panels for Ducatos he packed up selling then destroyed the mold.

Cupid stunt, I had already offered to buy it.
I had 3 boat moulds and had to sell off cheap as most folk have not got a clue how to do moulds, kept 2 small ones, maybe some day I will knock a few out again.
Any moulds for vans would be handy, esp shower trays etc.

What you do in the shower is between you and your god Trev
I had 3 boat moulds and had to sell off cheap as most folk have not got a clue how to do moulds, kept 2 small ones, maybe some day I will knock a few out again.
Any moulds for vans would be handy, esp shower trays etc.
What you do in the shower is between you and your god Trev

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus at that price for a repair I would expect it to be gold plated!
I didn't use them ,just had a good chat and they gave me the info on how they do the job.. best advice was to make sure under the tray was full of expanding foam....no more flex
I did my own but I couldn't match the colour.. it cost me around £40 and 3 days work to get the shower out and back in.

£25 for the stuff to make a mould, not rocket Science, did you lot not make GRP canoes at school.

I was told to use a quality none shrinking silicone sealer.

Surely expanding foam will just crush under even slight pressure.

The other thing I thought was that expanding foam is virtually uncontrollable unless confined rigidly which shower trays aren't really, but if it works it works, Mine is a bit on the soft side so I insist no one goes in there with shoes on in case there's a piece of grit that could start a crack growing and we have a mat down too which gets shaken outside daily.

It has to be one of the worst repair jobs in a van, floor level, stuck down, wet and possible grotty too from hair and soap etc and designed to never come out.

Well done.

The other thing I thought was that expanding foam is virtually uncontrollable unless confined rigidly which shower trays aren't really, but if it works it works, Mine is a bit on the soft side so I insist no one goes in there with shoes on in case there's a piece of grit that could start a crack growing and we have a mat down too which gets shaken outside daily.
I repaired the shower tray in my previous van in a similar way to Speedcoat but diy. I injected low expansion foam and then weighted down the base to ensure the foam squished rather than bulged. It worked OK.
Our current van, Wildax, has a GRP tray. When we bought it SWMBO was oohing and aahing about the decor and layout. All I could see was how easy the shower tray would be to repair should an accident happen. That's engineers for you, I guess.

I have just finished installing my Stainless steel effort. I used CT1 to stick it in place and BT1 to seal the edges to the PVC claddding and it does look like BT1 sticks properly to PVC unlike the majority of Silicons.

This tray is rock solid, I don’t think I will be cracking it or breaking off any of the silly raised dimple things the plastic one had

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back