Compressor fridge cycling times

I do see a difference between summer and winter, and overnight vs a sunny day. This is usually with the van empty so more varience than maybe in your case with the motorhome much more in use?
Yes possibly, it’s not often I don’t have stock in the fridge. I also still have the original high and low fridge vents in the wall which may stop it ever getting very warm around mine, don’t think you had them in Clarence did you?
Some could be due to when it’s hot I am out and about more and when it’s cold I am more likely in with lights, heat tv on. I only monitor individual items when I first start really, just work on daily consumption which seems fairly static.

Yes possibly, it’s not often I don’t have stock in the fridge. I also still have the original high and low fridge vents in the wall which may stop it ever getting very warm around mine, don’t think you had them in Clarence did you?
Some could be due to when it’s hot I am out and about more and when it’s cold I am more likely in with lights, heat tv on. I only monitor individual items when I first start really, just work on daily consumption which seems fairly static.
In Clarence, the ventilation was there but very limited and internal only. On the current motorhome, got the high & low vents .... Bottom vent has a fan set fitted that is temp controlled for some forced airflow if needed, but I have put tape over the mesh on the top cover to block it as get a very cold draft in (my cheap version of a winter cover. Maybe if we get a hot summer I will let that be open again?).
The new fridge/freezer uses more power than the fridge in Clarence did, but it is about 50% bigger and has a much larger and more powerful freezer so I'm find with that :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back