Cite Europe

Calais

You can use the Aire at The Quatside in Calais. The one you see from the ferry as it goes in and out. The Rentman collects the overnight rent at about 7pm. If you arrive after you dont pay! Thats what we did about last time we went.

Currently parked up at Cite Europe.

The security guard came and had a word. Apparently the migrants hide in the trees down one side of the car park (no surprise there) and watch the vans. He told us to keep an eye out. Since then he has been telling anyone who goes over there not to park by the trees.

We will take the dog for a good few showy walks before bedtime and let her have a little bark at anyone going past but we don't feel worried.

There are already 14 vans here at 5.30pm.

A Danish guy just persuaded his dog to sit in the front seat before he left his van, the same as we did.

And by the way Fairytooth, I'm afraid there isn't much Pol Remy Brut left in Carrefour!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

I confess we haven't stopped over lately, but never had any trouble there. On one occasion, Max our dog, sniffed out three hopefuls under a coach, but it was all a non event, they just brushed themselves down and walked away. It doesn't take more than a couple of seconds to glance under your vehicle to check all is ok. The hopefuls don't know, and have no way of finding out whether you are homeward bound or heading deeper into France.

Regards Rog

How about putting an'E' on your number plate over the 'GB' or would they not know the difference? :rolleyes2: :D

Tilly, our migrant-detector on duty.
20141018_174704.jpg

Urgent Update

Someone 4 vans down from us was parked up next to her sister.

They saw a guy wandering around about 4 hours ago. When they came back from having a meal one of them spotted an arm under the scooter cover.

He had climbed onto a covered scooter on the back of a van. He has now run off after having a big stick waved at him.

I must have been stood right next to him at one point.
:danger:
I don't think anyone is moving now but we will all be checking very carefully before we do.

Someone 4 vans down from us was parked up next to her sister.

They saw a guy wandering around about 4 hours ago. When they came back from having a meal one of them spotted an arm under the scooter cover.

He had climbed onto a covered scooter on the back of a van. He has now run off after having a big stick waved at him.

I must have been stood right next to him at one point.
:danger:
I don't think anyone is moving now but we will all be checking very carefully before we do.

This happened to us a few weeks back. We have a very sturdy bike rack to carry 2 electric bikes, and we found 2 guys hiding under the cover just as we were about to join the queue for the tunnel. We'd been through passport checks etc, so if we hadn't found them then, next stop would have been London!

Moral - either don't cover your bikes if you're staying at Cite Europe,or else check properly before you leave.

There is a white panel van parked 50 yards in front of us and Phill leapt out tell a guy to p#Ss off because he was looking underneath it.

In a well lit car park.
These guys must be so desperate.

I had a shower earlier and only had the roof vent open as I didn't fancy repelling boarders with the shampoo.

Fort Nieulay

If waitinf for ferry I usually overnight at Fort Nieulay just on the outskirts of Calaise. Never been asked to move yet, In fact rarely see anyone there at night. It was one ofmy personal secret stopovers but not able to go across the water anymore I can now share it. :lol-053:

We came back on Eurotunnel yesterday, so checked out the Fort Nieulay car park on Saturday with a view to staying. Unfortunately the waste ground directly opposite it, (behind Calais Caravanes,) is now a large migrant camp. A few inhabitants of the camp were wandering nearby and they took quite an interest in our UK registered van with large rear garage!
We drove up to Gravelines instead and got a peaceful night.

We stopped overnight Friday 24th at cite Europe, about a dozen other motorhomes. Saw no trouble. However there were a lot of Police around, it's next to the police station and they have brought in extra police who appear to be staying in the Novatel.
On the way back this Sat used free Aire outside Dunkirk that also had water (1euro) and waste dump. Called at Cite Europe to shop - saw no trouble. Saw running 'battle' on the dual carriageway into the port with a standoff between migrants and police, batons drawn and freely using bottles of CS gas.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back