Christmas

Debs

Any one planning for a Christmas getaway, assuming my van gets through it's MOT in December, was thinking of going up to that free campsite up on the north west of Scotland, if the memory cells burst into action and I can remember where it is. Help anyone?

Castle Corner, Caerlaverock ? Glencaple just up the road ;)

Have you been their before Debs ?,,, it’s truly lovely,,,Piece n Quiet, Just obviously remember to take plenty of EVERYTHING with you to last the expected time for your visit PLUS a week !..
You enjoy Debs, & keep a weathered eye out for Me !

Off to Seahouses early January. Caravan Park with pool, sauna etc. etc. We enjoyed going to Old Hall Hotel and using the pool etc but new owners don’t like MHs.

Yep definitely..... Just not sure where yet...

Hope we get snowed in like last year with fab food and beer on the doorstep ;-)

Community camping field in Shieldaig ? If yes don’t bother, It’s closed till 2019. I heard they are upgrading it. Not sure what facilities etc they are installing, hopefully it will still be basic. Mind you a waste disposal point would be a bonus.
I will be venturing up to Applecross and beyond then a slow meander down to Skye for a few days to visit friends. I will be leaving the day after Boxing Day.
Full gas & water tanks and enough food to last a couple of weeks, the weather can do what it likes lol.

Hi Debs . I think we are going to Lancaster for Christmas , you are more than welcome to join us :dog:

My understanding is that it is free out of season unless you want EHU.

£9 'out of season'...

Screenshot_20181007-120354_Chrome.jpg

Dont think thats too bad as it includes hook up and water etc

Sorry my mistake. It used to be free to stay without EHU but clearly the policy has changed. However £9 with EHU ain’t too bad these days.
Tony

Bloody bargain quite frankly.....en suite Fantastic sandy Bay too.

Would love to try a trip away over Christmas, but this is one time the boss wouldn’t even discuss it so it will never happen for us.

We have decided to avoid the build up to christmas madness and go to Tenerife for 3 weeks coming back on christmas eve.Everyone seems to be rushing about everywhere during that period and the roads are terrible.The presents will have to be bought before we go and I have booked a table at the local restaurant for close family on christmas day.It's the first time we have done the ''alternative''christmas,should be interesting.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back