Chinese night heaters.

So this weekend away in sandy bay WSM.
On controls I pressed both top buttons together and changed from pulse to degrees
Set timmer mines the countdown type and I still cooked.
How to set timer
1 set clock 00.00 press ok
Settings pess 2 times then ok
2 set timer 180mins starts at 3am press ok and this bit worked
3 there is no 3 just ---- four blanks put in 00.30 then ok. Did not turn off. ?... why
should I put in 0240.
Still cooked as it was set at 20degrees. And cooked ie reached over 25 degrees.
Not away now till November.

Van is very well insulated. Mite turn down temp to 15 and start sooner as 3am is the coldest outside temp.by 4am I wake up with cold head. But would like to find fix . As on off is not going to work at 8pm till 11pm later in the winter. First year with this van set up.

Van is very well insulated. Mite turn down temp to 15 and start sooner as 3am is the coldest outside temp.by 4am I wake up with cold head. But would like to find fix . As on off is not going to work at 8pm till 11pm later in the winter. First year with this van set up.
I have my eberspacher left on set at 10 degrees in cold weather at night. I will turn it up during the day if I want it warmer inside. I normally work off what’s comfortable rather than what it says on the display. Just find what setting you like so you can go back to it when you want it.
It is possible the heater you have is just to big an output for your van and you won’t get a happy medium, you could do what some with wood burners in vans do, just wear underpants. Just remember to put something on when you go outside though as it’s is disconcerting seeing someone in pants and boots in the snow :)

hello i am facing a lot of problem can i have any kind of cant that i can text you on to talk about the error about what i am facing please

Hi , what fuel are you all using ? Just plain road diesel? It seems to me that parafin and kerosene are more expensive than road diesel now😭,
Considering a Chinese heater just as a backup to the gas

Hi , what fuel are you all using ? Just plain road diesel? It seems to me that parafin and kerosene are more expensive than road diesel now😭,
Considering a Chinese heater just as a backup to the gas
Kerosene/parrafin/heating oil are all good kerosene/parrafin especially so (burns hot and clean so works well as a tune up in a can )
Don't be tempted by veg oil ....the pumps don't like it AND it'll carbon the combustion chamber/gauze and glow pin in short order .

I've just finished removing our gas fire and replacing it (behind the metal firefront)
With a genuine Eberspacher D2 ....
Connected into the existing blown air ductwork .
Fitted dip pipe to main tank as can't do with the smell/pfaff/spills of a separate tank .

Lovely and toasty now .

Bear in mind most of the clone heaters don't have a thermostat (they rely on the display altering the pump pulse speed )
Unless you fit a 'afterburner' controller (another 100 odd quid)

That means they use more fuel/and electric than the genuine eber units as the don't shut down when temp is reached ....

Last edited:
I’m fitting a Chinese diesel heater in my VW T6.1 I’ve been working on it a few hours a day through the recent cold spell, I fired the heater up this morning first time to try it out and it fired on the second attempt. I dipped the fuel line into a can of diesel as I have to connect the fuel line to my tank, I need to fit the front and rear outlets, install the drivers seat and swivel and replace the underbelly covers.

John.

I’m fitting a Chinese diesel heater in my VW T6.1 I’ve been working on it a few hours a day through the recent cold spell, I fired the heater up this morning first time to try it out and it fired on the second attempt. I dipped the fuel line into a can of diesel as I have to connect the fuel line to my tank, I need to fit the front and rear outlets, install the drivers seat and swivel and replace the underbelly covers.

John.
Something I would strongly recommend when buying a "Chinese deisel heater" from eBay .....
Test it and check it when you first get it, on the bench with a container of fuel and a battery. Don't wait to try it until you are installing it in the vehicle.
The Quality Control on these heaters is very poor and a pretty high percentage don't work properly. And when getting via eBay, everything gets a lot more complicated after 30 days as far as getting money back.

I brought 10m of pipe £65 came back from world cup to use my defroster pipe from heater for van winscreen after parked from start of December = minus 4 in Bromley. and worked on drivers side. So some tweaking needed but a good start . Removed pipe heated van defrosted windscreen 25 mins.

David mclucky in orange jump suit on you tub has old videos that has been update this year look him up. he's run them and tuned them for other fuel types

Some upgrades are just to expensive for me.
A twice a night programmable timer is all I need but as only one on / off . I set it for 2.30am till 3.15 am and use remote in bed to turn on if needed in mornings

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back