Chinese diesel heaters ?

Certainly don't believe most of what you read on there, as there is a awful lot of bad/wrong information on it unfortunately. Worth a look at some of the installations though as some are appalling, it makes one wonder what the rest of the van conversion must be like.

I got banned from there after pointing out that fitting a heater with the exhaust running through (and in contact with) the rubber insulated matting AND plywood floor was possibly a bad idea....

Can't cure stupid sadly.

I got banned from there after pointing out that fitting a heater with the exhaust running through (and in contact with) the rubber insulated matting AND plywood floor was possibly a bad idea....

Can't cure stupid sadly.

A lot really do beggar belief don't they. How they can possibly think what they have done is ok, I just don't know. Not only that but they put pics up proud of the standard of their work. I look now and then but don' comment.
Can't educate pork.

Well Planar are just (Russian ?) copies of the originals, so perhaps he is a little hypocritical. But I am sure that there is a big home market to keep them busy, it does get very cold there.

Well Planar are just (Russian ?) copies of the originals, so perhaps he is a little hypocritical. But I am sure that there is a big home market to keep them busy, it does get very cold there.
I am similarly minded.
The unit price of a Planar and a Eberspacher are close enough to make a Eberspacher a better (IMO) option.
A Chinese Heater is cheap enough to be a disposable item. The buy price of one of those is less than an annual service of an Eberspacher or Webasto and once installed, the actual heater itself can be swapped out quickly if need be (I can - and have - swapped out my own one in around 40 minutes or so, including taking out the drivers seat to gain access and then putting the whole lot together again).

The company mentioned in Lanarkshire .... their price is very hard to beat as it includes supply and fit plus a 2 year warranty on the unit. A friend of a friend had them fit one in his Vauxhall Vivaro a couple of weeks ago and he is vary happy with the work.

Think I read recently that Webasto & Eberspacher have received very large fines ( millions!) for market manipulation & price fixing. They deserve to have the market flooded with competitors if that was true.....

General comment
Get something reliable that will last and not require too much servicing or replacement.
Especially given your likely travel plans.
Get something with easily available parts that you (given your skills) can repair

Buy once Buy Good !
How much did you spend on the vehicle ? etc etc
Ship and halfpenny of Tar etc etc

Think I read recently that Webasto & Eberspacher have received very large fines ( millions!) for market manipulation & price fixing. They deserve to have the market flooded with competitors if that was true.....

It was true, well I think Webasto squealed on Eberspacher, or maybe it was the other way around, only when they realised they had been found out, either way one had to pay many millions in fines for their cosy illegal cartel. Which of course are simply added to the price that they demand for something really not too different from the Chinese copies and nothing intrinsically costly in there to justify the price of something that they have been churning out for many decades with little development. But they will still have a steady market from e.g European truck manufacturers, who I'm quite certain do not pay anything like what is demanded from we little people.

General comment
Get something reliable that will last and not require too much servicing or replacement.
Especially given your likely travel plans.
Get something with easily available parts that you (given your skills) can repair

Buy once Buy Good !
How much did you spend on the vehicle ? etc etc
Ship and halfpenny of Tar etc etc
You could buy two chinese heaters and still have saved a lot,then you have spares.

It was true, well I think Webasto squealed on Eberspacher, or maybe it was the other way around, only when they realised they had been found out, either way one had to pay many millions in fines for their cosy illegal cartel. Which of course are simply added to the price that they demand for something really not too different from the Chinese copies and nothing intrinsically costly in there to justify the price of something that they have been churning out for many decades with little development. But they will still have a steady market from e.g European truck manufacturers, who I'm quite certain do not pay anything like what is demanded from we little people.

He is a Planar supply and fit only I believe and the Chinese Heaters are the work of the devil as far as he is concerned (I think that means less profit?)

That's what i thought too, he's put enough stuff out there slagging Chinese heaters off. Dont know why someone would suggest him on thread titled "Chinese Diesel Heaters". Quite agree you may as well buy Eber /Web as pay for Planar.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back