Chinese diesel heaters ?

andyjanet

Does anybody have any recommendations! I don’t want to burn my fingers and get the wrong one, haha
It needs to be 2 kw and 24 volt please
Tia andy

Not sure if there's much difference between them all, looking into them myself at the minute too....

Read on previous threads there was plastic body and aluminium body and the alt body was best but how do I know which is fitted

Chinese Diesel heaters..
Same as Chinese meals..
Having had one you need another ! :devilish:
Now where is the MSG and salt ?
Flied Lice ? Yes Prease !...Benny Hill re-invented !

£100 will buy one,test it as soon as pos,lots of UK sellers and that would be my place to buy.

There is no reason given as yet.
It was suggested I get (no doubt a good quality) gas heater (LPG) maybe this one
Camco Olympian catalytic heater
No thanks
1 CO emissions possible
2 CO2 definite
3 Fire ( as John Cleese might say) Fire Fire
4 Ventilation certainly necessary
5 We have a perfectly good TRUMA unit which vents outside
Each to their own but remember the deaths in Spanish flats due to faulty heaters

GAS safe
FIRE Safe
CO safe
CO2 safe
AND I do not work for H&S or the Fire service
OK Truma can go wrong (as can anything)
IPhone charges can cause a fire if left on

I HATE the phrase but RISK ASSESSMENT should rule.. as with Driving
Here endeth todays lesson !!!
As they used to say on "Hill Street Blues" ..Take care out there !
This being written by a man who nearly drowned whilst "White Water Rafting on The Zambezi"
AND more

My son has just fitted a Chinese 8kw heater in my motorhome. So far so good . Run it for between 4 and 5 hours off of separate tank . It used aprox 1 ltr of diesel . I'm happy with it so far

The trickiest bit might be to get a 24V model as the great majority are 12V - check the details carefully as most sellers include every possible word to get included in a search so will state 12V AND 24V in the initial description, as well as all the various powers (2KW, 5KW, 8KW, etc).

Once you get one, you should also invest in better quality fittings (Jubilee clips supplied are usually pants) and a silencer for the inlet (and maybe another for the exhaust if not supplied - some do, some don't).

Does anybody have any recommendations! I don’t want to burn my fingers and get the wrong one, haha
It needs to be 2 kw and 24 volt please
Tia andy
I believe the 2kw are comparable to the webasto brand where the 4kw are more like the eberspachers - I think structurally it comes down to ease of access to the glow plug.
If you're thinking of fitting it yourself this might help/be of interest:-

Attachments

• 1315905D_EN_Citroen_Fiat_Peugeot_Boxer_2009_D_AT_2000.pdf
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 289
Thanks for all the responses,
We are having Alde fitted to the habitation pod on the new overlander but I was looking for an alternative heat source for in the driving cab,
We are likely to be heading into lots of snow and wet conditions so instead of relying on the cab heater I would fit a diesel heater under a seat to warm the screen and also swivel a direction nozzle into the pod if we get a problem with Alde system,
The truck is 24volts and only as big as an LT cab so a 2kw should sort it out, have joined chinese diesel heaters Facebook page so with 60 posts a day and been going for a number of years I have some reading material 🤣

My son has just fitted a Chinese 8kw heater in my motorhome. So far so good . Run it for between 4 and 5 hours off of separate tank . It used aprox 1 ltr of diesel . I'm happy with it so far
They have been tested and only make 5kw at best.

Thanks for all the responses,
We are having Alde fitted to the habitation pod on the new overlander but I was looking for an alternative heat source for in the driving cab,
We are likely to be heading into lots of snow and wet conditions so instead of relying on the cab heater I would fit a diesel heater under a seat to warm the screen and also swivel a direction nozzle into the pod if we get a problem with Alde system,
The truck is 24volts and only as big as an LT cab so a 2kw should sort it out, have joined chinese diesel heaters Facebook page so with 60 posts a day and been going for a number of years I have some reading material 🤣

Certainly don't believe most of what you read on there, as there is a awful lot of bad/wrong information on it unfortunately. Worth a look at some of the installations though as some are appalling, it makes one wonder what the rest of the van conversion must be like.

1 litre of diesel contains 10 kWh of energy. Even if burned with 100% conversion efficiency, 5 hours running on 1 litre would be a maximum of 2 kW output. A real 8 kW output would probably take 1 litre per hour. But, as said, they don't do that, 5 kW realistically. Which is plenty of heat for many, more than enough for me. If not, fit two, some do.

The smaller 2kW ones based on the Webasto design are usually a genuine 2 kW, they don't seem to make false claims for that one. You can choose a big one based on the Eberspacher, 5 kW, and run it throttled back, or a small one based on the Webasto turned up fully, different opinions on which way is best. My opinion is that the smaller one running hard may be less likely to need attention, but I haven't fitted one myself yet so this is just my speculation. In my case the physically smaller one is more attractive, I have limited room.

By most accounts they do appear to be to be pretty reliable, running on good European diesel, maybe less so on different stuff in on an expedition elsewhere. There's not really much to go wrong, but as a minimum the glow plug screen will need periodic replacement if only as a precaution, they are not quite "fit and forget". So many choices of packages, what's included, what's not, and a variety of controllers from the simplest to the most sophisticated, changing all the time.

You could fit the original German ones for approaching £1000, but even basic spare parts could cost more than a brand new Chinese one, nevermind paying someone to repair it, so I intend to take a punt on a £100 job and see how it goes..

This Scottish company have a good rep from a buy and fit point of view. I realise you will probably do your own install, here is there site link, you may get good info from site?

[/QUOTE]
Thanks 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back