Chilly night tonight

Fire tickingbover
B00F1A5E-0052-4F37-89DA-E0BE08D70EC7.jpeg
C5A5C191-6AE3-42F4-8E0A-479CAA2A551B.jpeg

I've slept in a roof tent at -11 and was snug as a bug. That was at Loch Lomond. I would love to be in the Cairngorms now though at -12. Whether in a tent or camper. With the right gear on it's not cold.

We should be in Scotland now, we normally go in January. Hopefully we shall be out of this before too long, but who knows?
No such thing as bad weather Rob , just bad cloths

Coldest we`ve seen registered in the car was -18.5C whilst driving to Southport along the A59 south of Preston several years back.

It was averaging -15C but as we drove along there is a pronounced dip on the road and the temperature plummeted to the -18.5C.

On the other side when the road rose up again the temperature soon came back up to -14.5C.

In my first week after moving to Aberdeen in 1982 the lowest temperature was -27. At the time I drove an old Datsun which even then started first time using the choke. Newer cars with automatic chokes could not cope.

In my first week after moving to Aberdeen in 1982 the lowest temperature was -27. At the time I drove an old Datsun which even then started first time using the choke. Newer cars with automatic chokes could not cope.

Remember that Bill although I would have put it at 80 or 81. We had just moved into a new house (Wimpey built!) in Banchory and everything froze solid. The whole new estate was without any water for a few weeks so they had to put standpipes in the street for the few families that had moved in. Luckily as they were still building on the estate the Wimpey guys fixed everything and redid a lot of plumbing for us. I had a Jeep at the time and the temperature gauge seemed accurate enough but Sueā€™s little Fiat simply read ā€œerrorā€!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back