Check your under slung gas tanks

I love digestives. where are them hearing aid batteries gone ? 😂
I will strap a packet of digestives to the tank for you,
B1C92FB7-09C9-4565-8454-34522B3656E5.jpeg

Must be recycled from Trevs skoda .
My old soda sold for big money almost 4 years back, A member of the club bought her. :) i still have 4 rear engine ones hidden away as prices are going through the roof, maybe time to sell, as my old boy said, strike when the iron is hot.

Disposal we used to cut tanks in half then the scrap man would take them even none flammable ,some members cut gas bottles in half to make fire pits .

Because lpg is getting harder to find I decided to fit a bigger lpg tank, as the one autosleeper fit only holds 20 litres if your lucky
When looking at the old tank whilst fitted to the motorhome it looked fine as it is only 5 years old, and on a low mileage MH.
But once it was off I noticed a few small scabs, as soon as I scraped them with my finger nail it became apparent just how bad the tank is, I could scrape a lot more off an reveal a lot more rust.
Now I need to know how to dispose of the old tank especially as it is 3/4 full of gas.

View attachment 100056View attachment 100057View attachment 100058View attachment 100059
Also worth checking the straps, there was only the plastic covering that held mine together, the metal had rusted away

Gas tanks are a bit like smokeless wood. ;)Take it down the garden and vent it slowly to atmosphere, Pile full beer cans around it for safety and in a couple of hours the tank will be empty and the beer nice and cold. Then leave it out for the scrappy. ;)
And what about the pollution.? There are enough idiots around the world that might do just that. Possibly blowing themselves up in the process! 🤔

And what about the pollution.? There are enough idiots around the world that might do just that. Possibly blowing themselves up in the process! 🤔
That is the only thing you can do, if you can’t actually use the gas you have to vent it

That’s a big tank when you see it on the floor in front of you. The driver had a lucky escape as had just filled the tank but didn’t realise it was leaking

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back