Check your tyres

Only on veh under 3.5 ton, above its 1mm

Interestingly enough, at the very same vehicle tests I was at, at MIRA there were quite a few truck/wheel/tyre combinations being tested at the very same time and their water clearing performance in extreme wet conditions were as equally as bad as on significantly lighter applications. It was only because of complaints received from the Road Haulage Association as well as numerous major hauliers that the minimum tread depth for these vehicles wasn't increased as it clearly should have been.

Interestingly enough, at the very same vehicle tests I was at, at MIRA there were quite a few truck/wheel/tyre combinations being tested at the very same time and their water clearing performance in extreme wet conditions were as equally as bad as on significantly lighter applications. It was only because of complaints received from the Road Haulage Association as well as numerous major hauliers that the minimum tread depth for these vehicles wasn't increased as it clearly should have been.
perhaps those of us that use tyres down to minimum legal tread depth are intelligent enough to recognise that worn tyres dont clear water so well as new ones do and modify their driving style accordingly in wet conditions.

With regular corner to corner swaps I used to get 25,000 miles out of a set of tyres on my VW T5. Fitted BFG ATs on my Crafter so hope to get a bit more miles out of those.
Its the fart gas which makes the van lighter. 😂 as for cars I fly high drive hard.
high flyer.png

With regular corner to corner swaps I used to get 25,000 miles out of a set of tyres on my VW T5. Fitted BFG ATs on my Crafter so hope to get a bit more miles out of those.
Shouldn't have any trouble doubling that, and more. Mine have done well over 50k and I'm only thinking of new because there's a few reasonable size scuffs on walls (passed MOT about a month ago), I don't muck about with tyres as the van does like to stretch her legs when on motorways,.. I mean autobahn. :)

perhaps those of us that use tyres down to minimum legal tread depth are intelligent enough to recognise that worn tyres dont clear water so well as new ones do and modify their driving style accordingly in wet conditions.
Wouldn't life be so very nice if you could always predict what was coming towards you around the next corner in the on your side of the road, or how about someone suddenly jumping out in front of you and the road is wet and you and your vehicle have to react instantly, or whilst out driving with not another vehicle in sight on a streaming wet road and you have to swerve to miss a pot hole.

Come on ricc there are countless incidents where the importance of as much road grip as possible can quite literally mean the difference between life and death!

I honestly can't believe I read your comment and suggest you ought to go and research the facts associated with road accidents.

Race cars and bikes go on slicks, wet tread not very deep either. yes best safe than sorry and mine are due for a change before the test which is a few weeks away.

Race cars and bikes go on slicks, wet tread not very deep either. yes best safe than sorry and mine are due for a change before the test which is a few weeks away.
There's a whole heap of tech that goes into race car tyre development....
Including wet/dry and intermediate tread patterns AND compounds.....

A set of slicks won't last a race the compound is so soft....
Even more so with wet/intermediates....

There is no comparison between road tyres and race tyres other than they are round and black

There's a whole heap of tech that goes into race car tyre development....
Including wet/dry and intermediate tread patterns AND compounds.....

A set of slicks won't last a race the compound is so soft....
Even more so with wet/intermediates....

There is no comparison between road tyres and race tyres other than they are round and black
Know all about it and used race tyres on my rd bikes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back