Check your tyres

Robmac

Just had my van MOT'd. There were 2 advisories, one on each front tyre for slight perishing. The chap at the garage said that since Covid virtually every vehicle that comes in is getting advisories for the same.

I shall get mine replaced but it might be worth bearing in mind and getting yours checked.

A lady at the recent Strawberry Fields meet had a blowout on the way. Think RAC fitted the spare.
Mobile fitter came and replaced rear tyres. It's not just about tread depth, one I saw was beggining to split in the tread.
They really need more than the tread depth looking at.

Just had my van MOT'd. There were 2 advisories, one on each front tyre for slight perishing. The chap at the garage said that since Covid virtually every vehicle that comes in is getting advisories for the same.

I shall get mine replaced but it might be worth bearing in mind and getting yours checked.
Bizarre how covid has caused this!

If you do get tyres replaced,
Always check the pressures and the spare.
These cowboys often overinflate the tyres :
a) Because they have no readily accessible information on motorhome pressures..

b) Because they can't be bothered to to find out, so bang in as much as possible.

Having experienced convex tyres, which loose grip and wear excessively, due to the reduced surface area in contact with the road, We were very careful, after that, to make sure all was right.

When I get my van I'll be looking into either Toyo NanoEnergyVan or Vredestein Comtrac 2 all-season. I work in a tyre company and we do get quite a few motorhomes come in, most of them run between 50-60psi with some hitting closer to 70psi. If I recall we had a Fiat Ducato on 225/75/R16C come to us and I think they were around 75psi on the rear with Agilis Camper.

When I get my van I'll be looking into either Toyo NanoEnergyVan or Vredestein Comtrac 2 all-season. I work in a tyre company and we do get quite a few motorhomes come in, most of them run between 50-60psi with some hitting closer to 70psi. If I recall we had a Fiat Ducato on 225/75/R16C come to us and I think they were around 75psi on the rear with Agilis Camper.
I genuine tyre expert :)🎉

You should delete that post and keep stum..................but even if you do your still stuffed cos now I've quoted you 😆

Hopefully you can prevent new tyre pressure threads from exceeding 3 pages (y)

Three wheels on my wagon and I’m still rolling along the cherokees are chasing me arrows fly right on by (that reminds me need to get a new fourth tyre) :rolleyes:

Where are folks buying their tyres from these days? Presumably you all shopped around so can you share the cheapest deals?

ta

Where are folks buying their tyres from these days? Presumably you all shopped around so can you share the cheapest deals?

ta
i actually use the local independent tyre centre about a mile down the road, started dealing with his father best part of 50 years ago.

I got 4 new tyres on new rims of ebay from a converter fitting alloy wheels, bargain at £100 plus 30 bucks freight.
As soon as my tyres are down to 1mm they will be on.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back