CCSW helping to sell my motorhome.

SimonM

I have recently purchased a new Hymer MH and needed to sell my beloved Burstner. I attempted to sell it myself privately 5 or 6 months ago, but gave up on that idea quite quickly having to deal with tyrekickers and d*ckheads. And so I turned to one of our members, Steve at CCSW as he is a broker and local to me for his advice and guidance. After a chat he agreed to take on the selling task for me, we agreed a price I wanted to achieve, and he priced it then to enable him to make some money after doing all the necessary advertising nationally. The MH was taken into storage locally and left to him.

The replacement motorhome I had initially purchased from a dealer, I didn’t want to get offended by what they would offer in part exchange, turned out to be a problem. Luckily I hadn’t px-ed it with what then transpired. I needed to return the motorhome as not fit for purpose, sale of goods act blah blah, and immediately encountered a point blank refusal from them. Apparently it is a well known way that they do business, they are never wrong even when they are wrong, and will fight you until you give up. Well I don’t back down. Fortunately I know of a very successful barrister who actively hates this dealership and their legal team, in addition my own solicitor hates the way the ‘big team’ lean on the little man. Together they put a case that forced them to back down and I had a 100% success and return of all monies expended. I was not out of pocket in any way.

Anyway, in the mean time I needed to go away for 10 weeks to Scandinavia, so I made my apologies to CCSW and retrieved my Burstner and went off for a lovely holiday, sadly not in the expected MH, but at least we were mobile in something I knew and could trust.

When I knew I had recovered all of my money and the other MH had gone I then looked for another that would be suitable.

On our return from our holiday I cleared out everything we had on board and did a deep clean and went back to Steve, renegotiated the price I wanted to achieve and left him to it once more. That was just a couple of weeks ago..

Today I have been advised that it is sold, it has been collected and to look closely and there’s the money as agreed in my bank account. All within 3 weeks or so. Success.

Thank you Steve and staff at CCSW as you have made this Christmas sparkle already.

If it was settles out of court and you haven't signed a NDA you will be OK.

If it was settled in court then court records are in the Public Domain by default.
Do if you have a court reference? If so I'll look up the dealer and I'll publish the details.

It is your call, but to me it seems like they are free to continue bullying an uninformed public.

If it was settles out of court and you haven't signed a NDA you will be OK.

If it was settled in court then court records are in the Public Domain by default.
Do if you have a court reference? If so I'll look up the dealer and I'll publish the details.

It is your call, but to me it seems like they are free to continue bullying an uninformed public.
I would say it's up to Phil if he agrees to 'naming and shaming', as it's him who gets any legal comeback.

I suppose it wouldn't harm to tell us which model van you got Simon and where you returned it to as it's now used and might be cheaper ;) ;)

Kev, it was a s/h Carthago T144 but not purchased from a Carthago dealership. It is now advertised much higher than I paid in order they recoup some of their losses.

With all that dosh could i ask for a tenner loan by any chance, well done and sorted you, when i was in the trade it was full of shisters.

Fair point Mr Woo but I agree with naming and shaming when and where it is due.
There have been times when we have been saved from a lot of potential grief by someone having a quiet word in our ear or by reading reviews.
Up to Simon at the end of the day but perhaps he could tell us which area or county the rogue dealer operates from, then at least I personally could choose not to go looking for a mh in that area.

And just to hijack this thread.
DON'T INSURE WITH ADRIAN FLUX IF YOU WISH TO RETAIN YOUR SANITY!!

AF used to be really good, I first went with them for my self build, and they are a go to for that, but the premium went up like a rocket once it was built so I kicked them into touch, now I use the Asda comparison site and pick the lowest priced Defacto 5 company which has been Performance Direct for about 6 years, but I always shop around, I'm Slut I guess.

AF used to be really good, I first went with them for my self build, and they are a go to for that, but the premium went up like a rocket once it was built so I kicked them into touch, now I use the Asda comparison site and pick the lowest priced Defacto 5 company which has been Performance Direct for about 6 years, but I always shop around, I'm Slut I guess.

I have just insured my 2010 Autocruise with AF through a comparison site cheapest I could find £245 🤞

Just for balance, I have 4 vehicles insured with AF (M/home, kit car and 2 classic cars), and cant fault the service or prices...

(I also have 2 cars insured with LV, and they have just ramped the premiums up by 60% for no real reason .....)

HELP!!! Someone please support me by condemning AF for the lying, murdering, Isis supporting S.O.B's that they really are!

I'd like to help Ral but they offered me £500 cash for the privilege of insuring me, vouchers for free beer for a year and promised that my gilt edged policy documents would be personally delivered by 2 young models who would pander to my every whim.

Mind you, I still went with AIB instead.

I am going to court on 8 January to recover some retained deposit I paid on a mis-sold mh. I said at the start I didn't want a comfortmatic but they sold me a comfortmatic, when they said it was not a comfortmatic. I didn't know that comfortmatics have a silver gear knob and the newer 9 speed automatics have a black gear knob. I found this out as soon as I got home from paying a deposit on it, and I sent them an email cancelling the order. They are claiming all sorts of fanciful expenses to justify their keeping £500. OK that's not a lot compared to the cost of the camper but I would never try to tell a customer that a vehicle does not have the gearbox they specified they didn't want. It's the principle of the thing, I have been told a significant lie about the vehicle and I don't see why they should do the same thing to other customers. I'm not going to name the dealer of course, but I almost get the impression that they make a living out of misrepresenting their motorhomes in order to get £500 for each one they take a deposit on. They are even trying to tell me that I used 3 hours of their salesman time, claiming expenses of £90 per hour plus VAT. I ask you, when did you ever hear of a salesman being paid more than twice what a professionally trained mechanic gets, let alone when did you hear of a salesman being paid VAT? Their costs also include charging me £5 for the diesel I used in the 1.9 mile test drive. To save you the maths that means this vehicle does 2.1 mpg, which is either yet another false statement or means it is seriously faulty, another reason for not buying it. The other laugh is that they are charging me for the insurance they had to pay on the vehicle from when I cancelled the order until they sold it, three months later. They apparently are not aware that posession does not pass until the item is fully paid for. It took them another three months to sell it which indicates how unpopular comformatics are, the dealers seem to have loads of them in spite of the general shortage of motorhomes for sale.
I am trying to think of phrases which mean 'lie' but are couched in other terms, that I can use in court. " The honourable gentleman has mis-remembered' and so on.

I think you dodged a bullet there. I have read many a tale of Comfortmatic problems...

I'm surprised that the test drive didn't reveal the fact that the vehicle in question was thus fitted.

I don't get it, many people are quick to praise good service but reticent to call out bad service? Surely, to review both ways allows others to come to a balanced opinion as to whether they want to deal with a particular seller or not?
I am more than happy to promote good service but will call out bad service, not necessarily to influence people but to warn them of potential risks or otherwise. It is up to the individual how they wish to proceed thereon in.

I'd like to help Ral but they offered me £500 cash for the privilege of insuring me, vouchers for free beer for a year and promised that my gilt edged policy documents would be personally delivered by 2 young models who would pander to my every whim.

Mind you, I still went with AIB instead.
Knowing AF, the two young models would have been of questionable age, gender and attending an STD clinic!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back