Cb Radio

Could aways dig out my old cobra 148 and dx 27<got my ham liscence but it was never the same as cb in the late 70s.
There is an English radio ham Dave who sets up camp in the lead hills for 3 months during the summer ,Huge mast and all that,I pop down and camp along side some weeks its a great camp with others coming and going and its free,if your up between May through end july and are interested drop by at lower Mennock down the hill from lead hills Village on the borders.
even take the tour down the mine or pan the river for gold,the scenery is jewel in the crown material.

Nosha said:
Well 10-4 rubber duck, like Trevor I was in Alfa Tango 26 all those years ago, contacted 13 countries, then they made it legal and it just wasn't the same transmitting and not having to look out for the smokies or BT!!
So I went off and took my Class A radio licence... now are there any radio hams out there in wild camping land? Come back good buddy!

Amateur Radio on in my motorhome G0FGG is my call sign on 2m usually Listening on 145.500 or 145.725 GB3TW Repeater

Got legal CB on air on the first day it was Lake Manxman Used handle Sunseeker

I bought a CB; all singing all dancing. Legal throughout Euroland. I thought "What a great idea, if we all wanted to stop and have a drink or something" - we could just give a shout on the CB"
So we all fitted them... The TomToms and Navmans were telling us to go left but the Frogs had diverted all the traffic to the right - Now we're stuffed (that's a term used by explorers like Sir Rann Fiennes when he's lost)... We all went to the right and then got separated.
I could see LT on one side of the Seine. He was still on the Quai des Deux Pooves. I got a shout from PJ that he was going round in circles at the Place de les Rentboys: Meanwhile I was on Boulevard de les Trois Sluts.
The CBs were next to useless. If we were within 400m of each other then they were OK-just.
We found out later that the atmospherics were not at their best for CB reception.
This year we will be on 2m

happybonzo said:
I bought a CB; all singing all dancing. Legal throughout Euroland. I thought "What a great idea, if we all wanted to stop and have a drink or something" - we could just give a shout on the CB"
So we all fitted them... The TomToms and Navmans were telling us to go left but the Frogs had diverted all the traffic to the right - Now we're stuffed (that's a term used by explorers like Sir Rann Fiennes when he's lost)... We all went to the right and then got separated.
I could see LT on one side of the Seine. He was still on the Quai des Deux Pooves. I got a shout from PJ that he was going round in circles at the Place de les Rentboys: Meanwhile I was on Boulevard de les Trois Sluts.
The CBs were next to useless. If we were within 400m of each other then they were OK-just.
We found out later that the atmospherics were not at their best for CB reception.
This year we will be on 2m

Try fitting a burner to the CB's mate. Boost the distance you will get out but only usefull if the other person has one fitted too. Otherwise he can hear you but not vice versa.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back