Cb Radio

billy1000

Are there many on here that are on the CB? If so is there one channel wildcampers use?:confused:

billy1000 said:
Are there many on here that are on the CB? If so is there one channel wildcampers use?:confused:
now wouldnt that be a great idea,all motorhomers to get a cb,i used to be on it about 15 years ago my handle was whizzkid wow it brings back memories :rolleyes:

Just thought if we had a channel it would be a great way of saying hi as we passed each other and good for chatting if going in the same direction.

I find it strange that it's illegal to use a mobile phone whilst on the move but a CB radio is ok to use?!

True but they do hands free ones now. CB licence has been abolished too which is a bonus.

billy1000 said:
Just thought if we had a channel it would be a great way of saying hi as we passed each other and good for chatting if going in the same direction.
i think thats a fantastic idea,i'd love to have a natter with fellow M/H's on the road,great way to meet new people eh!:D

Good for other things too Samm, like traffic delays, rta's and so on. Hopefully someone will pick up on it like they did the sticker idea and it will snowball. Fingers Crossed.

billy1000 said:
Good for other things too Samm, like traffic delays, rta's and so on. Hopefully someone will pick up on it like they did the sticker idea and it will snowball. Fingers Crossed.
yes i agree,i'm in full support anyway, :D

Good on you girl. From little acorns and so on. Never know it might grow.

Don't think you will get out far using one of them though. Might be good for distance talking if you trained it as a carrier pigeon. :) Catch you all later. Gotta drive.

Last edited:
billy1000 said:
Don't think you will get out far using one of them though. Might be good for distance talking if you trained it as a carrier pidgeon. :)
prob get more responce from a budgie than from M/H's on the road at the moment ,we should push this 1 billy x :rolleyes:

sammclouis said:
now wouldnt that be a great idea,all motorhomers to get a cb,i used to be on it about 15 years ago my handle was whizzkid wow it brings back memories :rolleyes:
I USED TO LOVE THE CB ,ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO ,EVERYBODY HAD ONE REMEMBER U USED GET EyE BALL THAT WAS LAUGH,,handle was sugermice :D :D :D grate fun..:p

Trouble with most motorhomes you don't get a lot of ground-plane because of the construction materials. Mine's not bad as I have metal wing mirror brackets so I use a mirror-mount. Brings the SWA right down.

billy1000 said:
Trouble with most motorhomes you don't get a lot of ground-plane because of the construction materials. Mine's not bad as I have metal wing mirror brackets so I use a mirror-mount. Brings the SWA right down.
awrite bill , u coodni beat thi all cb,good shout mate..:cool: :cool:

CB

When I was International Trucking, I always used a C B. V good if traveling in convoy and for getting reports on police controls etc.
But in the UK . there are a lot of idiots about,:eek: particularly when on a M way near to a town.
I usually travel alone so not much good for me, but if U travel in convoy with a friend, it would be a great asset.:cool:
One word of warning. A British C B is illegal in Italy:eek:
Think that as Billy asks, it may be a good idea to pick a channel for wild campers, but I think that very few would be on the channel & U would have problems as other users would most certainly also be on it & if using powerfull rigs they would bleed (this means over power ur signal) all over U.
Usually standby on Channel 19 untill u see a buddie

Last edited by a moderator:
Cb Radios

Are you talking on the so called legal 27 meg fm radios ,these are not particularly good.If you are talking about having distance and ,variety go for a illegal one .These have hundreds and hundreds of channels more power ,on cw . am .fm .usb. lsb. incuding legal channels ,not so much intrest in them now. I use to be mobile and go to dunstable downs in the evenings and regularly talk to america also got to austalia and alaska.So if there is any old handers out there, this is The crusader ,saying keep the bugs of your glass bears of your asrse 10 10 till we do it again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back