Carver cascade water heater

NeilyG

Something tells me the Carver cascade water heater on our recently acquired Autosleeper hasn’t been serviced for a while, if ever.
(Was smoking like a coal fire!)

7529DBBD-0539-453D-9F24-074818F37B9C.jpeg

8FF4D096-07D7-447D-8DCF-FB2954038587.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow looks very dirty no wonder it was smoking looks like a good blowout and brush might sort it. The burner looks like its starting to rust quite badly on the left might want to check its not split.

Mike

Cleaned it up & tried it - belching out yellow flame.
In my photo above, to the right of the igniter you'll see some loose bits of rusty burnt away strips of metal - think something needs replacing?

Last edited:
Mine literally blew up on Christmas day one year. Someone stupidly put a bolt in the pressure valve. Went off with a proper bang. Mrs D was sat on the seat above it. :D water everywhere. We fixed it by chopping the hoses to bypass it and bunging the cap of a biro in the ends. There was a huge long thread about it on Facts. Gave all the blokes a welcome distraction I think.

Removed the burner unit & everything inside has just corroded to bits:

0F7908DF-FB32-432A-ADE4-34985E56931A.jpeg

Reckon previous owner’s left it on with no water in the tank for rather a long time at some stage?

Cleaned it up & tried it - belching out yellow flame.
In my photo above, to the right of the igniter you'll see some loose bits of rusty burnt away strips of metal - think something needs replacing?

Yes just a new fridge and water heater :)

Truma bought carver a few years ago and stopped supporting making the brand hence part availability sketchy and expensive

We ordered a new burner piece from eBay - £60.

I’ve heard Mr Brown lives in a rather exclusive gated community where our national dish can fetch these kind of prices? Maybe they’re roasted individually on a spit over these kind of burners? :)

Got a gas leak on the main fitting. Tried wrapping ptfe tape around the bit that slides in but no progress yet.
These things are sent to try us - maybe need to replace it.

BA6947A9-672B-4E2B-8E49-82709C65EA8E.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back