Carpet or Vinyl?

Good job Lenny, our van came with a vinyl floor, along with loose carpets on top, press studded in the corners to prevent movement. If you decide to carpet on top, any good carpet shop would bind the edges so then you have the best of both worlds. I think I was quoted something like £1.00 p/ft when I wanted to do our last van a couple of years ago. Made a template out of brown paper for size required, and then priced up for carpet and binding. (then sold the van) before doing the job. End of roll carpet wasn't too expensive. Good luck.
Good idea the insulation.

Happy Camping:)

we have put laminate at the front where you get in and then carpeted the seating area to the back by the toilet and shower area. then put a large mat on top of the laminate,it does help with the cleaning process and the carpet by the door before turned dirty very quickly. this way we can get in take off the dirty stuff and it wont spoil the back end carpet.

Our M/H came with a vinyl floor with mats to cover the hard wearing areas, I think I would prefer this as I think a full fitted carpet would get pretty dirty with mud, sand and wet feet etc

Tom

Our Hymer has fitted carpets, but they are not fitted wall to wall (loose fitted if you know what I mean)
We always remove our shoes at the van entrance and we also ask visitors to also remove there footwear:D
This way the carpet stays clean and is nice and soft to walk on:)
Works for us:D

Great job Lenny, we had carpets in the C.I., just loose lay but what a pain I spilt curry on the one in the Kitchen and they sometimes slipped, so out they came and lived in the boot.
This van had just Vinyl, so we bought a hall runner, (cord) for £9.99 and that was cut around a couple of intrusions, then a couple of mats for the entrance. When I leave site, the carpets come out , a quick shake , a sweep around the floor, mats back in, 5 mins max even when talking to Kevin as you do it, the runner is 3 years old this summer so I might get a new one.
The one thing I did buy, and love is a cab carpet, again loose fit and that comes out now and again for a good thrashing.A company in Barnsley made it for me but i can't remember the name. They have templates for all models and they are the biz.... I think it was £35 and sent within a couple of days. :):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back