Campingaz 907 gas cylinder refill required

Brenintot

Free Member
I have a Danbury Go camper-van based on a 2018 Ford Transit SWB custom. It has a bespoke gas locker that allows the fitment of a no larger than the Campingaz 907 gas cylinder. I live in South Wales, UK & up to today, am unable to find any trader to allow me to exchange my empty 907 for a refill. Please let me know any businesses that offer this service. Thanks Chris Cwmbran South Wales UK

I have a Danbury Go camper-van based on a 2018 Ford Transit SWB custom. It has a bespoke gas locker that allows the fitment of a no larger than the Campingaz 907 gas cylinder. I live in South Wales, UK & up to today, am unable to find any trader to allow me to exchange my empty 907 for a refill. Please let me know any businesses that offer this service. Thanks Chris Cwmbran South Wales UK
IIRC, Go Outdoors used to offer 907 cylinders [pre Covid!]. My info may be outdated ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Not sure how it could get to you (as I am in the east Scottish Borders), but I have a 907 which I think is full and you can have for whatever the going rate for a swap - and you can keep your empty :)

Its possible to refill them from a donor gas bottle put upside down on a chair with the 907 below it with a pigtail hose with threaded ends connecting them its not instant takes a little while for the gas to run out the top bottle and fill the 907. save you a few £ as well what they charge for 907s

I have found three 907's in one of my sheds that I am clearing out but I am also too far away, interesting idea about filing them but how do you calculate the 80% fill?

Have you tried a camping shop ( if there are any near you). They usually hold them and will swap out empties.

I I
I have found three 907's in one of my sheds that I am clearing out but I am also too far away, interesting idea about filing them but how do you calculate the 80% fill?
Weigh the empty. Find the 80% volume, find the density of liquid propane or butane or whatever is in a 907 online. Calculate the target maximum weight. Fill and weigh until you get there leaving an extra 5% empty for extra safety. If you go too far reverse the bottles. You can speed the transfer process by putting the donor bottle in warm water and prechilling the recipient in a fridge or freezer. However this is just physics do not try this at home.

Have you tried Halfords? I've seen the bottles in there but not sure if they are full or empty :unsure:

Or look at fitting a refillable one from Gaslow, they do a 2.75kg for campervans (y)

Regards,
Del

In 20+ yrs never bothered pouring it in's not like pumping it in it finds it's own level I've never had a overfill or heard anyone else mention one

In 20+ yrs never bothered pouring it in's not like pumping it in it finds it's own level I've never had a overfill or heard anyone else mention one
Good to hear you've had 20 years without mishaps.

I've been using a 47kg propane cylinder to fill a pair of BP/Flogas 10kg lightweight bottles for a couple of fills now. I temporarily bring the big donor bottle into the house for a couple of days to bring to to room temperature and either freeze the lightweight bottle or this year I just waited until we got freezing temps outside.

I fill both bottles to 9kg of gas i.e. via subtracting the empty bottle weight from the total weight. That lasts me a season even with a bit of winter 'wild' camping.

I changed my gas locker. As 907 are not where you run out . 7.5 kg now but the little BBQ gas looks plentifully.
If I upgraded now I'll look at bbq gas containers and new vale. As B&Q hold stock. 5 kg

I believe that Halfords only supply empty cylinders.
GO Outdoors may be an option, but worth checking whether they have it in stock before travelling.
Worth considering marinas and adjacent chandleries, as some yachts use Campingaz 907s.
And certainly worth considering @alwaysared 's suggestion of Gaslow refillable; it's over a decade since I had to buy Campingaz 907s and the price was horrendous then.

Try
Newport Calor Centre
Unit 7A Maesglas Retail Park
Np20 2XF
01633 840090

Have you considered an alternative refillable bottle, expensive but it will pay for itself eventually;

Screenshot_20230408-132630_Chrome.jpg

Have you considered an alternative refillable bottle, expensive but it will pay for itself eventually;

Thanks, Super expensive at around £175, may be my best option as nothing larger will fit. Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back