Camping Gear Aldi online

What I don't get is folk treating tents and camping gear as "single use" items at festivals etc., even if it is supposedly "cheap enough to throw away". 🤷‍♀️ :rolleyes:

Madness in several ways, imo. Too many folk with way too much money to burn! 🤷‍♀️ :unsure::mad:

And don't anyone give me that cr*p about "Oh, they get passed on to charities, the homeless etc. etc." cos that makes my blood boil even more ... ;) :cool: :devilish:

My two-person Robert Saunders tent. Purchased in 1975. Pictured here in Switzerland in 1976 on 3 week walking trip with a mate. Used many, many times over the years and still in all good. The groundsheet has been re-proofed once.

Untitled-39.jpg

Ah, good old Aldi. Shame they won’t deliver to Inverness or north.....
Tried calling their help line... the phone was answered by someone having a conversation with a workmate about their boyfriends, oblivious to me being on the line. The romantic shenanigans of young Indian (?) women is not a topic I’m really interested in.....

What I don't get is folk treating tents and camping gear as "single use" items at festivals etc., even if it is supposedly "cheap enough to throw away". 🤷‍♀️ :rolleyes:

Madness in several ways, imo. Too many folk with way too much money to burn! 🤷‍♀️ :unsure::mad:

And don't anyone give me that cr*p about "Oh, they get passed on to charities, the homeless etc. etc." cos that makes my blood boil even more ... ;) :cool: :devilish:
Tents are abandoned because they are used as toilets or damaged as a result of the consumption of too much booze and too much sex.

Fortunately motorhomes are made of sterner stuff.

But they do, I have 5, and a couple airbeds.

I'll have you know I have 2 superb tents (in the loft! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool: ) from several years ago, young man!
And I definitely won't part with them just yet because they can't be substituted nowadays for anything similar or better quality. They were quite expensive at the time, but worth every penny.

They were used when I was young and fit enough to tent camp (no, not as a child!).

They're small and light enough to fit neatly onto the panniers of the motorbike, which is why I bought them in the first place (nowadays they can be chucked in the camper van if ever needed for whatever reason) 👍👌

They've been used on the odd occasion for extra visitors when away in the camper, or when we've stayed with friends in their caravans on sites but needed extra sleeping accommodation at night for ourselves or others.

The quality and design is fantastic. Modern tents can't touch them for that, or for their ease of use (less that 15 5(!) seconds to put up, just guy ropes to fix thereafter).

PS. Can't remember the name of the tent manufacturer without going up in the loft to find out, but I think it might have been Khyam?
Problem these days is nowhere to pitch up unless in a campsite, not many here that i have seen and no loos for sure.
Now when I was young no bother in Portsalon Donegal, maybe 3/4 tents and us on m bikes set up camp on a roadside wide patch at a golf club, not a squeek from anyone about us, and going to the old hotel for gallons of beer then going to the beach to swim naked, and no you cannot have any pictures LOL.
Now try that today and you would be in big trouble pronto.

Tents are abandoned because they are used as toilets or damaged as a result of the consumption of too much booze and too much sex.

Fortunately motorhomes are made of sterner stuff.
Blimmey, I never knew tents drank booze and had sex, you learn something new every day. :unsure:

Happens at Le Mans after the race too, the place is over-run with locals taking everything not nailed down as most of the visitors are from Scandinavia and cann’t carry much stuff . There were 2 wealthy British‘banker types’ camped next to my van and I stopped the pillaging as I knew they had’t departed as their Ferrari was still parked ,they thanked me upon return as they had left all their valuables inside including a nice collection of expensive watches, easy come easy go for some privileged folk I guess.

Tents bloody tents, did my national service on Cyprus and lived in a 2 man bivy, freezing cold in winter and sweat box in summer, demobbed in 1960 and vowed I would never s.leep in another bloody tent as long I live, have slept in a few barns and bottom of hedges but never in a tent 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎💩💩💩💩💩💩

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back