Camping Gear Aldi online

The small folding LED light (£5.99) is useful. I used a similar one, mainly to light up the bathroom during my noctunal visits.

For anyone with two caravans, the Adventuridge Caravan Storage Unit looks excellent value at £9.99, though I'm not sure how you'd get a caravan onto the upper level without a serious ramp and a good mover. :ROFLMAO:

For anyone with two caravans, the Adventuridge Caravan Storage Unit looks excellent value at £9.99, though I'm not sure how you'd get a caravan onto the upper level without a serious ramp and a good mover. :ROFLMAO:
Don't think John Travolta does camping, but he's a good mover, and he can help with the vehicle servicing, having multiplying wheels and grease ... :D

Steve

Because if you buy quality you only buy once. I tend to spend a bit more on things I want to last.
I have camping gear I bought 35years ago that my sons now use
Most tentie stuff here is used for the kids to play in the back garden, no one here goes camping that i have ever seen.

Bought 3 of the Folding Buckets this morning to go with the one we bought in Auchan, Dieppe last September. Probably just have 2 buckets in Brunhilde, with the other pair in stock for when the inevitable leak in the silicone band occurs. And that will happen when we're in France or Spain, and the spare buckets are in Fife ... (y):rolleyes:

Steve

Most tentie stuff here is used for the kids to play in the back garden, no one here goes camping that i have ever seen.

I'll have you know I have 2 superb tents (in the loft! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool: ) from several years ago, young man!
And I definitely won't part with them just yet because they can't be substituted nowadays for anything similar or better quality. They were quite expensive at the time, but worth every penny.

They were used when I was young and fit enough to tent camp (no, not as a child!).

They're small and light enough to fit neatly onto the panniers of the motorbike, which is why I bought them in the first place (nowadays they can be chucked in the camper van if ever needed for whatever reason) 👍👌

They've been used on the odd occasion for extra visitors when away in the camper, or when we've stayed with friends in their caravans on sites but needed extra sleeping accommodation at night for ourselves or others.

The quality and design is fantastic. Modern tents can't touch them for that, or for their ease of use (less that 15 5(!) seconds to put up, just guy ropes to fix thereafter).

PS. Can't remember the name of the tent manufacturer without going up in the loft to find out, but I think it might have been Khyam?

Last edited:
I'll have you know I have 2 superb tents (in the loft! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool: ) from several years ago, young man!
And I definitely won't part with them just yet because they can't be substituted nowadays for anything similar or better quality. They were quite expensive at the time, but worth every penny.

They were used when I was young and fit enough to tent camp (no, not as a child!).

They're small and light enough to fit neatly onto the panniers of the motorbike (or chuck in the camper van if ever needed) 👍👌

They've been used on the odd occasion for extra visitors when away in the camper, or when we've stayed with friends in their caravans on sites but needed extra sleeping accommodation at night for ourselves or others.

The quality and design is fantastic. Modern tents can't touch them for that, or for their ease of use (less that 15 seconds to put up, just guy ropes to fix thereafter).
I have two Vango tents which were expensive at the time but are still as good as new. I’ve got 3 thermarest sleeping mats that are 30years old and don’t leak! Modern stuff isn’t built to last but if you spend a wee bit more and take care of it you can hand it down to your kids so it’s worth every penny👌

I have two Vango tents which were expensive at the time but are still as good as new. I’ve got 3 thermarest sleeping mats that are 30years old and don’t leak! Modern stuff isn’t built to last but if you spend a wee bit more and take care of it you can hand it down to your kids so it’s worth every penny👌

I've got 3 thermarest sleeping mats too, used many times and good as new.

You're right, Cal, some of the older (expensive at the time) gear is spot on for quality and knocks the modern tat into a cocked hat 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back