Camper vans no longer welcome at Mumbles car park

Well yet another one bites the dust, but at least it’s refreshing to note proper coverage from the media highlighting the concerns of local people and local businesses. But I find this paragraph perplexing.

A spokesman for Swansea Council said: "Height restriction measures have been introduced at Knab Rock car park to ensure the car park is used by vehicles appropriate for the location."

So we are not appropriate for the location, well that’s a new one. Give us your road tax, your vat, your fuel duty, and we will use some of it to put up barriers were your presence in our opinion is inappropriate :mad:

Seems to me the only inappropriate thing here is the comment that we are somehow inappropriate.

Last edited:
I often parked with the known motor-homers a lovely bunch who respected the car park. Lots of local people would join them fishing and sit in one van having a chat and a laugh. They were pushed out of Porthcawl many years ago, none were full timers they just enjoyed a fish and jolly with friends.

I often parked with the known motor-homers a lovely bunch who respected the car park. Lots of local people would join them fishing and sit in one van having a chat and a laugh. They were pushed out of Porthcawl many years ago, none were full timers they just enjoyed a fish and jolly with friends.
Sounds like everyone was having fun Penny.

NOW WE CAN'T HAVE SUCH INAPPROPRIATE USE OF THE CAR PARK,CAN WE ? :)

Well at least the fish will be happy.:)

Sounds like everyone was having fun Penny.

NOW WE CAN'T HAVE SUCH INAPPROPRIATE USE OF THE CAR PARK,CAN WE ? :)

Well at least the fish will be happy.:)
Here in Wales it seems to be the prevailing attitude amongst various authorities, not just wrt Motorhomes, to restrict or ban things because "We can't have people enjoying themselves, can we?"
It's an easy and safe option because no one ever gets fired for banning something.

I that case Robb, you have nowhere to go mate. I doubt if there's an area of the UK without barriers somewhere.
What we need are volunteers with angle grinders who will work in the dark.
Up for it Rob :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's their language that offends me most Bill rather than the barrier.

If a council deems that campers are inappropriate in the area then I will spend my money somewhere where we are appropriate and appreciated as an asset.

If a council deems that campers are inappropriate in the area then I will spend my money somewhere where we are appropriate and appreciated as an asset.
Me to Rob, I hate being deemed inappropriately inappropriate. Possibly we should stop paying all our taxes as we have all our lives, or would that also be innapropriate. :)

Last edited:
I can count the number of times I have visited Wales on one hand.

First time I went was when I was a shy, innocent teenager in the 70s - yeah, yeah, we all were once! 😝😛

It was south Wales around the Swansea area. The hostility was very tangible. That was just from the everyday natives, not even the "officials".

I've never been made to feel more unwelcome anywhere in my life, either before or since. Horrible experience. I'm talking right across the board here, not just one or two nasty individuals. They can keep their "scenic locations", the world is a lot bigger than Wales. 🖕😝😜;)

PS. it's probably the lot that were horrible to us back then who are still there now: working for the councils deciding all the current, small-minded rules...! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

First time I went was when I was a shy, innocent teenager in the 70s - yeah, yeah, we all were once! 😝😛

It was south Wales around the Swansea area. The hostility was very tangible. That was just from the everyday natives, not even the "officials".

I've never been made to feel more unwelcome anywhere in my life, either before or since. Horrible experience. I'm talking right across the board here, not just one or two nasty individuals. They can keep their "scenic locations", the world is a lot bigger than Wales. 🖕😝😜;)

PS. it's probably the lot that were horrible to us back then who are still there now: working for the councils deciding all the current, small-minded rules...! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yer huvin a laff hen

Thanks, Rob. We attended a [straight after] post Covid Informal Gathering [Rallies were still banned at the time the 'Fancy seeing you here!' Event was arranged] at Hawick, where we were allowed to stay for 4 nights, Free of Charge, and where the Tourism Manager turned out for every one of the 40 or so Motorhome Arrivals, and delivered individual Welcome Packs, visiting each day of the Gathering. The 'Free' 4 Days resulted in proven Tourism Expemditure [because the Gathering Organiser and the Tourism Manager wanted to make a point to a sceptical Councillor, so all receipts were gathered in daily] in excess of £4,000, so over £100 per capita for a 'Free' weekend, in the Pub/Restaurant and individual shops who were just reopening after the Covid restrictions. It was a superb Gathering, as you might expect after lockdown!

Steve

My former Boss [the one who died suddenly aged 35 ...] used to mock the Celtic nations mercilessly [not least because we had a female Welsh colleague, Christine Gibbon, known as 'Funky' because it was about the time of The Goodies song release, who always replied, 'Peasant!'], and his standard description of the Welsh was, 'Only 1 problem with the Welsh; they sing too loud, too low, and too bloddy often ...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yer huvin a laff hen

😝 😜

You know what's coming... 🤣🤣🤣😎

middle-finger-flip-off.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back