CAMPER VAN CLEANING NEAR MIDSOMER NORTON

delicagirl

Hi i had not washed my van for 2 years. It was covered in dirt/mud/green mould/slime/diesel drips and other unmentionables. 'Jays Detailing' company who have a page on Facebook came today. Jay worked non stop for 4 hours getting it into a really beautiful condition again. The roof is now pristine and clean again. The bodywork is back to its original white and the whole van is now protected and waxed. I am delighted. He did not know how long it might take, but he charged a very reasonable hourly rate. He came to my home to clean it. you can contact him on 07860608153.

Had his work cut out but boy an excellent job indeed ,make sure your slippers are at hand as you will be gutting the interior now ,happy xmas van

hi laird...... i have recently come back from 2 months touring France and found yet another way of configuring the inside of my unique van for living in comfortably. i left the giant table supporting the downstairs double bed area which i made into a permanent lounge/day bed full of cushions and colour and with a tray for a table when writing on my lap top and it worked really well - i could go into the hab area and lie down for a nap at a moments notice .... i have now invested in a £550 Truma new gas fire and it cost an eye wateringly £350 to fit it because they discovered a variety of gas leaks... so... i am warm and safe again.. so will be using it as it is over the winter for short breaks here and there.... now its clean again... i like it all over again !!
Midsomer Murders ? sadly not.... tis midsomer norton in somerset... old mining country and a delightful wee place it is. MMurders is filmed in Oxfordshire? Gloucestershire ? not quite sure

But i am only 1.5 hours to Poole for an easy 4 hour ferry crossing to France and will no doubt be off again in the spring for a long trip headed further afield next year.

Last edited:
It makes such a difference to feel comfortable in your vehicle. Yes appearance matters !
Ours has suffered many minor (exterior) "Cuts and bruises" over the years and we have just recently we had them all repaired.
The interior is fine mainly because Nida has made and fitted covers for all the seats/cushions. Which means they not only look nice but also saves on wear & tear.
The roof is difficult to keep clean but I/we maintain the sides back and front so that the vehicle looks only about 4 years only (not its true age of fourteen)

Hey DG,
Good to see a post or two from you again 😊.
Hey THATS a grand job their...Proper Job.
Hope you enjoyed France & now you’re all warm, Cosy & Safe heres to seeing you Around Scotland or its Borderlands over the next free months (Maybe!)

Hey DG,
Good to see a post or two from you again 😊.
Hey THATS a grand job their...Proper Job.
Hope you enjoyed France & now you’re all warm, Cosy & Safe heres to seeing you Around Scotland or its Borderlands over the next free months (Maybe!)

Hello NZ - i spent two months in France pootling round villages and gorges and mountains and volcanoes and coasts and doing very little touristy stuff. i did visit Oradue Sur Glane and pay to visit the remains of the ww2 victim village. it was a very powerful experience indeed. if you go anywhere near it do go or google it. i have had an invite to Scotland for Christmas but tis a long long way from Somerset. My new neighbours are a joy to know and i have already had an invite but have not decided what to do.....

May i ask you to consider changing your avatar NZ? i was not on here for a few months and the first time i saw it i felt really distressed by it. i find myself not wanting to open your comments because it is so horrid an image in my brain....... and once we have seen anything we can never "unsee" it. i really dont want to associate that piccie with you !!!! bw

Funny you should say that deli about avatars as I've recently decided to have one after 5 years. I agree Nzs is chainsaw massacre type stuff but and £$%^ by the way and such is life.When are you going to update yours.

[QUOTE="delicagirl, post: 1035315,
May i ask you to consider changing your avatar NZ? i was not on here for a few months and the first time i saw it i felt really distressed by it. i find myself not wanting to open your comments because it is so horrid an image in my brain....... and once we have seen anything we can never "unsee" it. i really dont want to associate that piccie with you !!!! bw
[/QUOTE]

Well that picture IS in fact a picture of me 🤷🏻‍♂️,
I’ve just been Zombied !. Not a lot different from Halloween or Fancy dress shenanigans.
If you’re ‘Distressed’ by it DG I can only recommend a possible solution that It’s probably better that you ‘Block’ me as then you won’t see my Avatar & to be fair You won’t be missing anything interesting that I post.

Funny you should say that deli about avatars as I've recently decided to have one after 5 years. I agree Nzs is chainsaw massacre type stuff but and £$%^ by the way and such is life.When are you going to update yours.
It’s a shame you think that my Avatar is -
‘£$%^’
But hey, It’s hard being a Zombie & the light never seems to be right to capture my ‘Goodside’ in a selfy !.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back