Campaign for Real Aires - CAMpRA

I can raise your 50% and point to a 90% claim. Councillor Louise Parkin said nine out of ten of us dump our rubbish on the street.

There were no complaints recorded by any of three councils who might have been involved and I felt a bit sorry for Louise. She's the owner of the town's primary tourist attraction and I think she was feeling hard times and she took back her allegations. To me though not as far as I know, publicly.

But = 90% of us?

EDIT: The comments at the foot of the newpaper article are interesting.

Now then Louise from Burnham Council are you refering to Public Roads OR Council Car Parks

"Sedgemoor state that: “No person shall use any part of a parking place or any vehicle left in a parking place for the purposes of sleeping, camping or cooking.”

And apparently as owner of the towns primary tourist attraction surely she should be encouraging visitors NOT pushing them away.

Now then Louise from Burnham Council are you refering to Public Roads OR Council Car Parks

"Sedgemoor state that: “No person shall use any part of a parking place or any vehicle left in a parking place for the purposes of sleeping, camping or cooking.”

And apparently as owner of the towns primary tourist attraction surely she should be encouraging visitors NOT pushing them away.

I notice that article is 4 years old, and so are the comments about it :)

Read the comments section at the end of the article. Excellent responses from motorhomers and not one of the 17 comments is anti Motorhome.
Well done those who replied.

Davy

Anyone in this facebook group? A UK site trying to get some aires here. I am pessimistic about achieving the aim but can't fault their enthusiasm, so I've recently joined and thought I would spread the word.
I joined.

Hi. Don’t quite understand why a wild camping forum and some of its members want aires and car parks in towns. Surely that is for the motorhome forum. To me wild camping on an aires. Car park. Does not sound anything like wild camping If I am going to park with lots of other people. I might as well go to a site. Or spend more time on the motorhome forum. Brian.

On Politics Scotland tv programme this morning we are worried about all the Camper vans heading for Scotland due to relaxation of the lockdown.

Apparently were not worried about the greater numbers arriving in cars then heading into hotels and B&Bs who will come in much closer contact with people and environments. Creating a much greater risk to the people of Scotland than a few Covid safe camper vans. Apparently we are not concerned about Scots heading down south then bringing Covid back here. But we are concerned about the campers.
hugs but but but no i said no kissing ok leave it out. ok.pj.xxxxx. oh sorry no kissing

Just heard about it so joined too
There is not just the facebook page but the forum on the website. www.campra.org.uk It would be good if people, who are interested in getting Aires, registered for the forum and joined the campaign groups for their areas. No charge to join or register. We have over 26,000 on facebook but under 4000 have registered on the forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back