Buy your van

Trotter

Got to be extra careful here. I've been in trouble with management before, writing about itinerant,thieving towrags.
Locally we are experiencing a spate of thefts. It starts with either a note on the windscreen, or sometimes a knock on the door. A swarthy gentleman, whose accent would be placed, I don't know, somewhere west of Anglesey, asks if the camper was for sale. A simple no, is not enough. He will then insist on looking inside the van to decide if he really does want to make an offer. Remember, he has been told the vehicle is not for sale. Persistence is something he has mastered from the cradle.
Local Police are aware. Although, they would only be likely to impose a fine for not wearing a mask.

We have had it a couple of times in the past Del, refusing to speak to Maggy about it just asking if the Mr is in sounding like an extra in Mrs Brown's Boys

I have had them a few times left on my windscreen in the past and nothing has ever come of it.

We have that all the time on the campsite and now know our neighbours who also live in their caravans and are really looking for sales. At first it was a bit weird but only because we had been taught to be concerned.
We have witnessed many sales and even had customers buy and very pleased with their purchases as well. No commission though lol
We have also made it very plain our MH is not for sale although it is a lovely one ;)

We have that all the time on the campsite and now know our neighbours who also live in their caravans and are really looking for sales. At first it was a bit weird but only because we had been taught to be concerned.
We have witnessed many sales and even had customers buy and very pleased with their purchases as well. No commission though lol
We have also made it very plain our MH is not for sale although it is a lovely one ;)
Agreed. But if my van was for sale. I’d leave a clue. Something like a sign saying

FOR SALE

I don't see anything wrong with asking if you want to sell. I've had an Irish gentleman ask at the door. He was polite. Portsmouth is known for its "knockers". They are the guys who travel around the country asking people if they have anything old for sale. They rip you off on price but wouldn't nick something.

At this moment of time they are an expensive garden ornament needing maintenance - unless parked in compound and then more expensive - anyhow any offer is going to be well under where you value it

By the time I got to answer the door they would have met our dog Sparky, so I think any potential sale would be off.

Campers are selling like mad here, and yes I get folk asking to sell things I leave on display, my price normally chasses them as most are looking things for nought to punt on, caravans are always asked about.

No, what ? You have never asked anyone if they want to sell something, or no, that I don't find most things are for sale, just a matter of price.
No, the former (the first sentence you wrote is the question. The second is just a statement)
So answering the question ...
No. Correct. I don't go up to random people or knock on doors and ask if they want to sell something.

And I find it rather weird and creepy that apparently that doing so is considered normal behaviour by some

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back