Bushcraft

What a wonderful garden. Where do you park your van though?

It's beautiful.
How long did it take to do? Must have been ages. Are the stencils bought or hand made?

It's beautiful.
How long did it take to do? Must have been ages. Are the stencils bought or hand made?
Thank you, my wife did it, I can't take any credit. Took both of us 3 days of surface prep then she reckons a total of 6/7 days of painting on her own (it was kept as a surprise for me). The cab was sprayed professionally but she did the rest, three coats on the hab box and 4 layers of stencilling. She bought stencils but used them to then cut her own as she was concerned that the paint solvent would degrade the plastic, it didn't but apparently the spares were very useful as when a stencil started to 'gunk up' she could use another without having to stop to clean it.

She has just said that you are welcome to contact her if you want to take on a similar project

Many thanks for the offer. Maybe one day....I don't think I would have the perseverence.
I do hope to see you out and about one day though!

My wife took on the difficult task of making the van camo but not military, what do you think?

View attachment 87076
Awful lol
mine done with military spray cans off ebay £80 total cost
20201013_140911.jpg

View attachment 87077
[/QUOTE
I think it’s gorgeous. ‘Mrs Tookey’ is clearly very creative. Do you know what paints she used? I’m not sure whether it’ll camouflage your van though - it’s so stunning that I suspect it’ll just draw attention to it... unless you park in the middle of a bush 😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back