Brompton Electric

bazzybabes

black elec folded2.jpg black elec folded.jpg

What the hell . . . I've sold my Land-Rover 'cause someone tried to steal it, so I now only have a mountain bike which I find hard riding due to painful knees, so I have bitten the bullet and ordered a Brompton Electric.

When folded (23" x 22.2" x 10.6"), it will fit under the table in my motorhome so I can remove bike rack and sleep easier at night.

I used to have a Puch pedal bike when I was in my thirties, so am used to little wheels and people scoffing.

Roll on July/August when they're supposed to be available. I have paid my £200 deposit and eagerly await.

Now need to tidy up and sell my Marin MTB.

Roll on July/August when they're supposed to be available. I have paid my £200 deposit and eagerly await.

Update: Will get specification order form mid-July and now expected delivery of bike in October . . . I was hoping to be in Spain. :(

Bromptons have a significant cult like following , re image don't worry 1 mile on a bike is better than no miles on a sofa !!

You wont have too much problem selling a Marin .....seriously good kit when off road,,,,,I used one regularly in Dalby and Derbyshire. I still have one a shoreline trail ,,,,thought about pedal assisting it ?

Channa

You wont have too much problem selling a Marin .....seriously good kit when off road,,,,,I used one regularly in Dalby and Derbyshire. I still have one a shoreline trail ,,,,thought about pedal assisting it ?

Channa

It's in for a service ATM. But I now find it terribly uncomfortable when riding. The handlebars are too low and I have to bend my neck upwards to see properly. The riding position cannot be altered. Lovely bit of kit though. Thanks for yours suggestion Channa.

You could converted your Mountain Bike with a Bafang Fun motor and battery. Mine has 9 gears and does 20mph happily. You then have a bike to use at home.

Are the rear brake and gear cables secured to the frame or do they just dangle?
Brompton or Marin? I have neither bike at the moment. But cables don't dangle.

My Marin cables go through lugs. Don't know about Brompton but I'm sure they don't dangle as the bike folds up perfectly flat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The pic of the Brompton suggests they are hanging in mid air which I would not think is how it would be

Looks like you're right short circuit. Have a look at videos on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that suggestion to u-tube. Certainly does dangle as there really is know where to logically attach it. It looks a really good bike and will certainly be very light. Thanks.

It's in for a service ATM. But I now find it terribly uncomfortable when riding. The handlebars are too low and I have to bend my neck upwards to see properly. The riding position cannot be altered. Lovely bit of kit though. Thanks for yours suggestion Channa.

Have you tried using a riser stem? If you have to bend your neck upwards to see properly it sounds like the bike is to big - too much reach

The problem with small wheel bikes is the wheels are in and out of every pot hole from here to hell,there was a craze in the sixties for them and they were raced,my mate who was a junior champ said they were a pile of crap.
Then came the slightly bigger wheeled bikes ,i had one,they to were crap.
Nothing beats a renaults 531 frame with campag wheels and gear set except modern carbon fiber bike at about 30 grand.
Anyway i cant pedal the feckers for long due to astma ,so lecy seems the way to go,but with mountain framed bike.

Attachments

• me c.jpg
    me c.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 92
You can buy them sooner

We've had two since 2013. Brompton Nanos from Nanobikes in Leamington Spa. If you get fed up of waiting for Brompton themselves and you'd like to pay a little less, you can get them immediately.
Enjoy!:wave:

The problem with small wheel bikes is the wheels are in and out of every pot hole from here to hell,there was a craze in the sixties for them and they were raced,my mate who was a junior champ said they were a pile of crap.
Then came the slightly bigger wheeled bikes ,i had one,they to were crap.
Nothing beats a renaults 531 frame with campag wheels and gear set except modern carbon fiber bike at about 30 grand.
Anyway i cant pedal the feckers for long due to astma ,so lecy seems the way to go,but with mountain framed bike.

Trev you and I are stuck in a time warp....Reynolds 531 tubing , I had a Carlton built in worksop and that was Reynolds 531 c competition tubing it didn't matter I still didn't win owt !:mad1: Most the stuff nowadays t6 alloy series or cheap carbon fibre ,as for gears Shimano / Campag still rule the roost but now they are usund electronics on the DID series a pretty price to match and still gets upset when you drop it ! Mavic wheels seem favoured nowadays.

Anyway back to our era there is a good sportive in Derbyshire each year called "erotica" and for bike and riders on bikes over 25 years old, no spandex wasn't about 25 years ago so period dress too .

I sold this bike to a lad who was doing it , this is a very old Pinarello with campags gearset ,bit of patina on the old girl too IMG_0664.jpgIMG_0669.jpg

Trev you and I are stuck in a time warp....Reynolds 531 tubing , I had a Carlton built in worksop and that was Reynolds 531 c competition tubing it didn't matter I still didn't win owt !:mad1: Most the stuff nowadays t6 alloy series or cheap carbon fibre ,as for gears Shimano / Campag still rule the roost but now they are usund electronics on the DID series a pretty price to match and still gets upset when you drop it ! Mavic wheels seem favoured nowadays.

Anyway back to our era there is a good sportive in Derbyshire each year called "erotica" and for bike and riders on bikes over 25 years old, no spandex wasn't about 25 years ago so period dress too .

I sold this bike to a lad who was doing it , this is a very old Pinarello with campags gearset ,bit of patina on the old girl too View attachment 64597View attachment 64598

erotica or eroica? If the later it was this last weekend: SAVE THE DATE 15 - 17 JUNE 2018

Have you tried using a riser stem? If you have to bend your neck upwards to see properly it sounds like the bike is to big - too much reach

Bike is not too big, if anything it's too small. Handlebars need to be higher but won't adjust. My saddle is right height. Thanks for showing an interest.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back