Brit STops

The app is being constantly updated.
I prefer the book but at least the app is up to date

The app is being constantly updated.
I prefer the book but at least the app is up to date
I saw some screenshots on the google play store which seemed to show some good info and similar to the book.
I can understand NOT publishing the book as many people would not use it (I am a member of the C&CC and never get round to reading the magazine!) but what I think would have been good - and very doable given all the information is on a database - is to create a downloadable PDF. But I guess there is the issue of someone downloading it and then just emailing copies to all their friends. Always the issue with non-physical media.

I am kind of tempted I can't deny as it worked for me in the past.

i cant find an address for them and i have searched high and low for a phone number... in spite of my cancelling membership months ago...they have taken £44....... i have not had the new book either. i have emailed them - lets wait and see
That's disgusting.
Maybe one of their stops might have an address...

I am wary about posting this on a thread which shows a problem with the organisation, but it might be useful for those who are still interested in the service.

There is a video here with an interview with the son of the couple who created it and a good discussion and try out of the App (this starts about 17:30 into the video)

There is a discount code "BRITSTOPS20" for a 20% discount. If you use "SPRING24" you can currently get a 25% discount - makes it £33 for the year.
Note these codes are nothing to do with me and I have no affilation with Britstops and don't get anything from anyone joining using any codes. But if you ARE going to join, may as well get the best deal available (so if you have a better deal, please share).

I am still to watch the full video, but from what I have seen of the App so far, I think it looks pretty good. I will probably join Britstops again aftee seeing how it is setup BUT if I do I WILL create a virtual debit card, pay with that and then delete the card afterwards to avoid any potential renewal charge (and if I want to carry on using after 12 months, I won't renew, but sign up again with whatever discount offer I can find unless the renewal offer is better ;) )

Go on the website: click your name in the grey box at the top left hand corner: go to "My Membership" or "Help" if you want to send a message.

Personally I've never had any problems using "info@britstops.com" and got good helpful responses fairly quickly.

Gordon
(The Help chatbot says they are closed until Wednesday)

UPDATE - i finally got an email and they agreed to refund me £44. I am watching my bank account for its arrival..... However.... it now transpires that they are no long producing a hard copy. Still charging the same amount and no book ???? shame on them.....

Just use one of the many free, or very cheap alternatives! We have stayed at many so called BritStop places, never once paid them a penny. The venues seem to prefer non members, I guess due to BritStops telling their customers that they don't have to purchase or pay anything. I have never understood the reason for having a book, when an app will find places around you. It is very overpriced. But when it had a book, it was out of date when printed. There is the resource on here, Search for Sites and many others that will give you the information you need.

I bought the Britstops book for 3 years when I first retired, 11 years ago. I did use it a bit but then I noticed that every single one of the places I'd stayed at was also listed on this site - so I haven't bothered since. Now it's gone up so much and you don't even get a nice book to look through when internet isn't available (which is very rare nowadays) so I think it's even less useful but for a much higher cost. I won't bother.

Back