Brit STops

delicagirl

i bought this last year, and because i sold my van, i cancelled my recurring membership - i have been informed they have taken a second years subscription, whilst at the same time there are a plethora of 1 star reviews on various customer feedback sites.... has anyone else lost money with them in this way ? thanks

If you signed up for recurring membership and didn’t cancel it in time then it’s your fault not theirs, but if you did cancel it it time, it’s their fault not yours.

If that’s the case, contact your bank/ credit card and they should refund your money.

There have been lots of instances of this on their fb page. Apparently you should receive e mail notification of the renewal charge before it is taken. They do not seem to be easy to contact but some have been successful using a chat bot on the website,

In my eyes with their prices they are dead in the water. So many other cheaper options out there and besides I cannot see any pub with a car park turning you away if your putting money over the bar. Stop, ask and proceed

i bought this last year, and because i sold my van, i cancelled my recurring membership - i have been informed they have taken a second years subscription, whilst at the same time there are a plethora of 1 star reviews on various customer feedback sites.... has anyone else lost money with them in this way ? thanks

i bought this last year, and because i sold my van, i cancelled my recurring membership - i have been informed they have taken a second years subscription, whilst at the same time there are a plethora of 1 star reviews on various customer feedback sites.... has anyone else lost money with them in this way ?

i bought this last year, and because i sold my van, i cancelled my recurring membership - i have been informed they have taken a second years subscription, whilst at the same time there are a plethora of 1 star reviews on various customer feedback sites.... has anyone else lost money with them in this way ?

I just got mine refunded. I just logged in to site left message to say I hadn’t been sent a reminder subscription was due. I did not wish to renew and requested a refund. Chat was a bit first - then request human chat - left message and money was refunded about 24 hours later. I must admit I was very surprised how easily it went through.

I've had very good dealings with Britstops this year. I even got a decent discount on my renewal :)

Contrary to what is often said, I've been refused the ability to stop at a pub with a huge (empty by midnight) carpark despite my cousin holding her wedding reception there that day at a cost of £ks.

I use Britstops mainly for non-pub stopovers and have had very good experiences. I certainly wouldn't be spending my time phoning farm shops, garden centres, vineyards etc in the hope that they would let me stay. :rolleyes:

Each to their own - Gordon

I just got mine refunded. I just logged in to site left message to say I hadn’t been sent a reminder subscription was due. I did not wish to renew and requested a refund. Chat was a bit first - then request human chat - left message and money was refunded about 24 hours later. I must admit I was very surprised how easily it went through.
thanks jenny i have emailed them with no response. i cant find a "contact" link on the website...... could you assist pls? thanks

Based on this thread, I have tried to cancel my auto renewal with Britstops (due to auto renew March 2025) and it's proving not so easy. It's impossible to delete my credit card details attached to the account. If I try to cancel my membership, it states that I will loose out on the next 9 months of being a member. It seems like my only solution is to set a calendar reminder for the days leading up to auto renewal next March and cancel the membership and due to a level of mistrust now, I will have to send emails to britstops directly to confirm the cancellation. Surely this isn't normal?

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 08.39.24.png

How about get a new credit card , that way it will have a different three digit number on the back and not renew next year
Don’t count on it, I use a credit card via ‘apple pay’ to pay a £5 Monthly payment through patreon for a couple of years now, I’ve forgotten who it’s to and tried cancelling AND letting the card expire, no luck, every Month another fiver. I’ve now removed all cards from Apple Pay so waiting till 28th to find out if that worked.

They did it to me too. I cancel recurring payment through them last year. They even confirmed it by email. Then this year they sent me a message saying they had tried to take it and failed. I told them it was cancelled , then a few days later I got message thanking me for renewing! I don't know how they managed this as I had a new card with different pin, same bank though. They then made a refund but took it again 2 days later. I am now in correspondence with them and bank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:186)

Pauljenny, mark61, Tonybvi, 2cv, mistericeman, Topmast, Fazerloz, ewen, paulhelenwilko, maingate, Jo001, Boris7, witzend, Val54, Admin, Budgie, NSY, SimonM, TeamRienza, The Jacks, rugbyken, pamjon, barryd, kingfisher1, oppy, denmar, Fisherman, yeoblade, Tim120, Canalsman, hmssnake, Glandwr, stonedaddy, Steve and Julie, RSD7a, smg, alwaysared, Winger, wildebus, guerdeval, RichardHelen262, molly 2, campervanannie, clarkpeacock, jagmanx, mariesnowgoose, Wooie1958, alcam, AdriaTwin, hamsterberg27, linkshouse, GMJ, runnach, peejay, Quiddle, Biggarmac, INKA51, andyjanet, REC, Makzine, Heppy, Ian and Cath, izwozral, ajb70, DTF, Doigy, Tezza33, Drover, Alberto, colinm, AllanD, chrishunter, Debroos, number14, jann, JVG, Florance, Bouydog, landranger, watson, Bigshug, TJBi, liz, yorkslass, Greengrass, kevlakes, DAVEY, Monkeybrand, Leaskie, Caz, Owen M, Glass man, Robmac, V1nny, bdastu, Victor, Neckender, BigD003, spigot, Harrythehedgeho, CWH, Bilw, jennyp19, shortcircuit, AndyC, r4dent, Tartarus, CHAIRMAN, Norfolk NewBoy, The laird, iampatman, britcoms, 1 Cup, Ken Parsons, korky, mick n jules, popeye1958, bobemmo29, Rapido9, Curly, mygrassisblue, GMLS, Chasn, Mike24, Thistle, Lib, winks, domandcarole, Northumborman, Elfit, SCRUMPY BOY, Alun100, topchook, Stevie 25, Rutaria, neilmac, slade, Muddypuddler, smycker, 11ALB, gripseven, Hornet49, knowledgeseeker, cooperman, barge1914, RegnVal, 1807truckman, Rosso, bjh, b0p, Kdodds555, TORCHIE, jeanette, Martin P, UFO, Garali9, Herman, myvanwy, aross, Mossystone, Costers, davep10000, cornish hymer, undertaker, belbri, flying kipper, rottiontour, ton27, glekay, rambrose, barrypat, suzesunflower, elfish, stroller, terrytur, Rumour, Sheila Bryant, adriahome, Gadabout2, jacquigem, Sharon the Cat, Sooloo, Cass, Gerry Attrick, lefty107, alan1958,
Back