breakdown and euro cover?

Aib. 24/7

Spoke with aib this morning and have been reassured vehicle isdefo covered and policy on its way
Great service from darren again.
Hope others give them a bash

breakdown

yes i have spoken to darren yesterday & he said he had never heard of them ,so ive emailed 24/7 and awaiteing a reply .there is no telephone number for 24/7;peter

Any suggestions or info on breakdown cover for my 95hymer as my existing company wont ins us now due to veh age
Any help appreciated

Just taken out UK and European cover with Drive 24-7 for £53( 10% off for promo code which you can easily find with a Google search). No restrictions on age of vehicle and vans are fine up to 3.5 tons. Only posssible issue seems to be a max cost of £1500 per breakdown.

I looked at these a while ago but the conditions are under What is not covered "Cars, vans and Bikes over 3.5 tonnes gross weight, 5.5 metres (18 feet) in length and 2.3 metres (7 feet 6 inches) wide" not many vans under 5.5m!

breakdown

hi all ;as posted 2 days ago i have emailed 24/7 who claim to answer within 24/48hrs and still no reply ,as already said there isnt any phone no to clarify the situation
toystory:sucks:

For 2014 we got a special deal with the AA for UK breakdown cover, £2 for the car and £10 for the campervan.

We are going to France next week for 3 weeks and the best short term cover I can find is with QDOS £47.15 for 22 days. Looking around breakdown cover for a MH/CV is a minefield. You find a good price but then need to dig into the small print to check; weight, dimensions (e.g. Drive24 max 5.5m), countries covered and trip duration.

We are going to Bulgaria August 2015 so I checked QDOS out of interest and they cover Bulgaria but not Serbia (it appears on a map but not in the policy document). Montenegro, Kosova, Albania and Macedonia not covered either so you can’t get to Bulgaria.

EuroRescue who we had policies with before cover all these countries but maximum cover is 31 days.

I suppose the answer is to buy an expensive policy, and perhaps buy it with the vehicle insurance (still need to check all of the above though). What to you guys do that are always popping over to the continent for extended periods?

I agree that you have to look carefully at what is and is not covered for the price.

Am I missing something here. Im of to France next week for 5 weeks. Ive got cover with the RAC. Not the cheapest I’ll admit.. BUT if I brake down, I no they will turn up and fix/transport my vehicle. Peace of mind is far more important to me than paying peanuts for breakdown cover only to find im not covered in the small print.
Just saying…………:wave:

I've been looking for euro breakdown and come across this thread.

Reading reviews for 24/7 I certainly won't be signing up.

Very often when a turbo expires there will be oil leakage from the bearings - usually into the exhaust, but possibly into the inlet.

Driving definitely NOT recommended.

Beware of 2gether

Make sure you read the small print and get your trip authorised by 2gether a month before travel or you won't be covered as i found out 2 weeks ago in Switzerland. They offered a pay as you go service if i paid a £500 deposit.....yet to hear back from them about a refund. A breakdown van came out to us on the motorwayand the mechanic drove motorhome and us 3 miles to a Peugeot dealer with NO BRAKES!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back