breakdown and euro cover?

The laird

Any suggestions or info on breakdown cover for my 95hymer as my existing company wont ins us now due to veh age
Any help appreciated

We're with Comfort insurance and ours is a 94 Hymer full European breakdown and unlimited mileage very nice people to deal with :wave:

Hi,

You could try Footman James,I used them on my Classic Bedford Motorhome.

Snowbirds.

Any suggestions or info on breakdown cover for my 95hymer as my existing company wont ins us now due to veh age
Any help appreciated

We are also with Comfort. 1992 Hymer S700. The breakdown service with RAC commercial and it works both at home and abroad.

John

If you are a member of the AA, you are also covered for a motorhome up to 3.5 tonnes and max wheelbase of 7.6" wide, they have also told me there is a resiprocal arrangement with the Irish AA

Update

Thinking on going with (asda)? Yeah asda!!!£130 per year non home start but cover 1/2mile or so from house veh covered for any driver all singing dancing cover as long as it's not longer than8mtrs I think.full euro cover and no need to notify on going abroad ,company I with expect 48 hrs notification.just at the end of the call which I hasten to add was conducted at a great level of professionalism I was informed I could pay it up at £12.50 a month =£150 per year

Thinking on going with (asda)? Yeah asda!!!£130 per year non home start but cover 1/2mile or so from house veh covered for any driver all singing dancing cover as long as it's not longer than8mtrs I think.full euro cover and no need to notify on going abroad ,company I with expect 48 hrs notification.just at the end of the call which I hasten to add was conducted at a great level of professionalism I was informed I could pay it up at £12.50 a month =£150 per year

Make sure the breakdown says fully comp in Europe as some say they are but only third party across the water :wave:

Make sure the breakdown says fully comp in Europe as some say they are but only third party across the water :wave:

Are you sure you mean breakdown cover fully comp?
It's usually the Motorhome INSURANCE you need to upgrade to fully comp when going abroad.

Safeguard where very good when we broke down in France. Van delivered back to our home address.

Richard

Road Alp Rescue available through Alan Boswell Insurance. They do loads of campervan/motorhomes, and it has a simple European cover too.

just had an amazing quote of £59 from them,though how they know what I drive is a bit of a mystery because I have never been in touch with them!
they seem to tick all the boxes for cover with no age limit but they have a max weight of 3.5t,which lets me out.

24/7

They do restrict width ,length,and height 3.5tonnes
But flipping good cover I think

Recent trip we used QDOS. Good price but cant tell you what they are like as thankfully didn't need them.

24/7

hi peeps just got a quote seems very good untill you read the conditions only upto 5.5 mtrs ;18 foot.
toystory

6 metres

When I took the policy out yesterday I took it with aib due to the fact I could talk to them rather than the on line 24/7fill out on line with no advisor.as I said I spoke with Darren on sat morn and he did ask me that the vehicle does not exceed 6metres in length ,width,and weight all fell within their regs hence I took the policy out,if Darren is reading this I hope he will chip in with his views.but I will phone him this week and will post my conversation to him for all to view.
I must add he did state dimensions had to comply!

Try 2gether

I got my breakdown day or so ago, £45 full UK cover for the year. Seems good to me. I have also got RAC cover through work, but sadly my CB is 1/2 meter too long to be covered. Tempting to fib about the size, but don't want to be found out and refused help at 3am in some dark n lonely spot!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back