Brandon to Caerphilly Cheese Meet.

This thread reminds me I've got a boulder from the beach at Cold Knapp! Must get round to taking it back one day :)

Great posts Tom looks like you all had a wonderfully time :nicethread:

We love that part of the country, in fact your post made me want to say stuff work tonight, jump into Florence :camper: and head off into the sunset :drive:

Thanks

Mike and Carole :wave:

Ohhhhhh

This thread reminds me I've got a boulder from the beach at Cold Knapp! Must get round to taking it back one day :)

:lol-061::lol-061::lol-061::lol-061: Yes I wandered what that space was amongst the others on the beach.
.... Tom ....

Hi Micheal hows the head. When we got there it was very busy with car park quiet crowded and a few camper vans as well. After about six pm it all emptied so just John and Jenny P and us left. After about 7pm 3 more vans arrived but hardly saw anyone from them. It was very quiet indeed and some great walks if needed. On the way to East Angle you pass through West angle village which has a pub which Haydn has pointed out takes campers on request but we only stayed the one night. It was throwing it down the following morning so we did not venture anywhere. We decided to head for home. Give it a try it seemed a nice place to us.
.... Tom ....

My head is fine, it's the face I'm a bit worried about ( looks like it HAS launched a thousand ships).
Thanks for the info Tom & MTM, we'll have to head into the Wild Welsh West sometime - will our Caerphilly visas still be valid ?

Hi Tom - when did you sneek this post on - only just seen it. Just messaged you, as your Yahoo email bounced back. If I don't get reply I'll text you. Jennyp

General opinion of staying where it says no overnighting is stay only one night at a time and you should be ok. We're getting brave. Basically they don't want a load of people setting up all their gear and taking the mick as they do at Huttoft.

Last edited:
for the Attention of Robmac & Helmit Tom, you forgot to say that the Royal Oak at Andoversford serves DOOMBAR.

Last edited:
:lol-061::lol-061::lol-061::lol-061: Yes I wandered what that space was amongst the others on the beach.
.... Tom ....

RNLI scattered my Granddads ashes there earlier this year, I wasn't actually ready to say goodbye so took the biggest boulder I could carry, when I am ready I'll go back do some fishing, drink some rum and camp over, then wake up and treat myself to his fav snack (butterbeans and sweetcorn lathered in butter!). Then and only then I think I will be able to move on, he was a great man and had a lot to do with my growing up and who I've become. He was from Barry Island and from there he travelled the world by sea working in a multitude of roles but always returning to the sea, then eventually trucking. My personal Hero.

On a brighter note, fantastic place to fish, if you can get a boat out into the bay when the water is nice and cold you can catch the odd cod, and from the beach you can get the usual suspects. Round by the rocks at the point lots of crab. The carpark makes for an excellent over night stop if you can put up with the loud music and funny smelling smoke from chavy cars. (never had any trouble there though).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back