Booked myself an appointment

Thanks for this. Both of us are already eligible, so will book for our return.
Edit, could get one for tomorrow, but not May. Will continue through GP route as they seem to be on the ball, and said will book immediately on our return.

Daughter really getting worried and annoyed now, she would happily pay for it if she could.

She`s 35 with quite a serious medical condition that requires her to take anti-coagulants and she`ll be on them for the rest of her life.

GP says she is CV and will contact her when they can but they are way behind with their vaccine rollout being still on Cohort 5 just.

She tried to book via the website but that just says she not eligible yet.

The " system " says she is not CV as she found after contacting 119 to try and book, they said she is Cohort 11 and will have to wait until then.

She is desperately trying to contact her consultant who has already said she can have the jab to see if there`s anything he can do to speed up her jabs.

Halle-flaming-lujah (y) :love::):love:(y) the daughter has finally got her 1st jab booked for wednesday this week.

She spoke to a GP that hasn`t been in for a while and who she gets on with really well and fully understands her APS.

The GP couldn`t not understand why she hasn`t had the first jab yet because after checking our daughter is classed as CV on their system but quite clearly this hasn`t led to her being invited or linked up to the national system either.

Whilst talking to the GP on the phone the text message with corresponding link in it came in inviting her for her first jab which is now booked.

The GP is also starting an investigation into why and how this has happened and to try and stop it happening to others.

What ever you don`t folks don`t let anything like this drop and keep on at the barstewards until you get a result (y)

Halle-flaming-lujah (y) :love::):love:(y) the daughter has finally got her 1st jab booked for wednesday this week.

She spoke to a GP that hasn`t been in for a while and who she gets on with really well and fully understands her APS.

The GP couldn`t not understand why she hasn`t had the first jab yet because after checking our daughter is classed as CV on their system but quite clearly this hasn`t led to her being invited or linked up to the national system either.

Whilst talking to the GP on the phone the text message with corresponding link in it came in inviting her for her first jab which is now booked.

The GP is also starting an investigation into why and how this has happened and to try and stop it happening to others.

What ever you don`t folks don`t let anything like this drop and keep on at the barstewards until you get a result (y)

Thanks for that Graham, well done (y)

Yes, shy bairns get nowt and it seems some are falling through the gaps.
Keep applying and get in touch with your GPs etc. if you think you have been overlooked.

One of the biggest problems these days is getting past the Gestapo ...... oops sorry, meant to say Receptionists if ours are anything to go by o_O
That's the problem I had, the receptionist just repeats "Computer says no", get through to someone who actually looks at your records and it all changes.

I'm 63 and used that site on Friday, had the jab Saturday and got my letter today so they have reached the 63 year olds, 2nd jab booked for 15 May.
our GP seems to have bowed out in favour of Vaccination centers now that they have done the 65 and overs

Just got my letter for booking the first jab a full 11 days after receiving the text message and 7 days after having the jab.

Make sure your GP has your latest and up to date mobile number folks (y)

I've called the number twice, Wooie, although persons on other side of the line have been very helpful, they cannot answer the questions I want answers for. 😩

Ah ok, is it not the booking line as well ?

Screenshot (17).png

It does do bookings, but being generally a month behind most of the UK 64 year olds are not yet being given appointments nationally, though some have got appointments at gps.

Ok, we are down to 60 year olds and above down here in Englandshire

Screenshot (19).png

Reactions: 2cv
I've just been done with AZ. Will update with any side effects....

Just read this on another forum which made me chuckle:

If you don’t want the vaccine don’t have it, but make sure you wash your hands and cover your face, preferably in a plastic bag.

:ROFLMAO:

Spent the last few days on the launchpad with shishcababs and tummy cramp sore head dizzy flu like simps, me dont do vax to well. :(

Your side effects seem to be going on for a bit longer than most, Trev :cautious:

Must admit I wasn't 100% (on and off) for the first two weeks after jab, but I'm 3 weeks as of yesterday and feel fine now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back