Blue LED lights

mariesnowgoose

I really, really dislike blue LED lights. Am I the only one who thinks this? Personally, I think they're cold and depressing and are as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to a decent light source. They have appeared everywhere the last few years and, strangely, seem to be a popular choice for self-build vanners, male self-builders in particular - especially those who do moto cross etc.! For some reason they are considered 'cool & trendy'. Why?! What am I missing? Exactly what is it about them that is so appealing? Can anybody enlighten me please?? ๐Ÿ™‚
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Fisherman

Eight in the morning and now my b/pressure is through the roof. :) not The only thing heading for the roof eh Trev :p

mariesnowgoose

Hey! You lot behave, hi-jacking my thread with your before-the-watershed smut! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† Fancy coloured underwear that nobody sees - the wearer are doesn't have to justify to anyone, Trev, because they're not assaulting the public eye ๐Ÿ˜‰ And now we know what harrow's hunting round the internet for while he's drinking his morning cuppa... ! ROFL ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜

Fisherman

Hey! You lot behave, hi-jacking my thread with your before-the-watershed smut! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† Fancy coloured underwear that nobody sees - the wearer are doesn't have to justify to anyone, Trev, because they're not assaulting the public eye ๐Ÿ˜‰ And now we know what harrow's hunting round the internet for while he's drinking his morning cuppa... ! ROFL ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ assaulting the PUBIC eye surely not Marie :)

Fisherman

Anyway Marie, blue lights should only be used by the emergency services. was in a club in Berlin a few years ago and they used blue lighting, played loud music, and the place stank of cheap perfume. :(:mad:

ricc

there is a school of thought that says blueish lighting in the evenings leads to less than optimal sleep. evening lighting should be yellowish mimicking sunset colour tempuratures to prepare the body for sleep.... good old incandescent bulbs. good deep sleep is alledged to help the body fight off cancers.

r4dent

Im 64 in my prime, just not sure what I am prime at anymore :) :LOL::p:cool: 64 is not a prime .... 71 (my age) is. Just like 2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19,23,29,31,37,41,43,47,53,59,61,67, It is good to know I'll be in my prime another five times before I get the telegram (73,79,83,89,97 )

Private

I think it looks good done right. Edit, I don't think it's ever supposed to be a source of light. Maybe that's where people go wrong. The bar owner is no doubt aware that blue light supresses melatonin (which bring on sleepiness) & he/she won't make much money out of customers that retire to bed early (or fall asleep at the bar). Psychology & science are used against people incessantly to make them spend more.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:204)

Wooie1958, st3v3, runnach, royh28, tidewatcher, Budgie, mistericeman, grahammay2, maxsdad, harrow, trevskoda, Justjack, R0B, Fisherman, grath, tugboat, sherry, colinmd, davep10000, saxonborg, caledonia, keith49, Adria home, SCRUMPY BOY, DnK, Deneb, dunfillin, kensowerby, yorkslass, ricc, n brown, Nemos Dad, BusyLizzy, oppy, Alf, bobj808, Polar Bear, AMcQ46, Somerled, r4dent, stockcarman, VandA, Private, ian1950, TeamRienza, helmit, groyne, jas900, Asterix, Nabsim, PawneePilot, GinaRon, Biggarmac, molly 2, Minisorella, guerdeval, Farman, Reikiman, Tezza33, Derekoak, Linda, Topmast, Greengrass, highlandron, Fitzy, HurricaneSmith, kevlakes, Martin P, Greenwayjay, Victor, Okta, Mikael, QFour, big tom, Caz, POI Admin, Dowel, iandsm, Yelto, trixie88, Nidge, GWAYGWAY, 1807truckman, Bouydog, mofish, silverweed, 955itriple, Alberto, Debroos, britcoms, 2cv, rustydog, martinmartin, phillybarbour, hanger18, starcott, argoose, FULL TIMER, smg, Harrers, mike17, fiona68, mark61, Daz12, Herman, izwozral, DAVEY, ironman, I&MK, peecee, jeanette, Wully, mygrassisblue, Galaxy, Clunegapyears, linkshouse, CavityandLacey, denmar, Edina, rugbyken, Sharon the Cat, Fazerloz, tilly, V1nny, Haaamster, maingate, G1DOL, Pauljenny, mikewroe, Mungo20034, mid4did, winks, dij260, landoboguy, clarkpeacock, REC, Welsh will, Jandb4, NeilyG, sydnsue, reiverlad, chrisjones18, Floydster, Poacher, mickymost, Jo001, Chip, channa, sparrks, Dezi, ldvconvoy, craig9760, quilkin, Upfish, mikejay, kirkie, lthoel2, stephan, FringeDweller, csd4t, cornish hymer, kidder, madtheswine99, Bostonjack, jimhutcheon, cgwcmlw, Martingrant, Grum, daveremog, carmel thornton, ajb70, davidb3, TangoGypsy, Gadabout2, islander, Nomad, john77, Floridaphill, julesanian, bilbo, Lighthouse, ARDAS, terrywolf, Andys, number14, richardstubbs, Petes, martyndh, Buzzard, ITMA, MaxusMicky, MarkP, installer, GreggBear, Lazlo, Livotlout, Fragle, davef, Rapido9, Buckby, Outnumbered, 1 Cup, SouthernTribby, Slimesub5,