Blackpool Haven SIte

We booked into Grannies Heeland Hame a Parkdean site near Dornoch to meet friends who had booked a caravan there. We only lasted one night and they lasted 3 nights instead of a week. Kids running around screaming till all hours and parents not much better but with lots of alcohol involved it wasn’t a nice place to be.

I used to think that too, but sites have to pay extra to the local authorities to have poo bins emptied. So, I don't like it, but I do understand that they have overheads that other clients shouldn't need to pay for.
Their bat's and their balls ....

I try not to get upset by WHAT they charge for ...
Just whether I consider it worth it for what/where it is ..

I do tend to only ever stay once at sites that charge for departing beyond a set time on the last day (I can understand a charge in certain instances ...small site that's popular and needs to clear limited pitches for new arrivals )
BUT don't like being rushed whilst on holiday .....
So vote with my feet .

We booked into Grannies Heeland Hame a Parkdean site near Dornoch to meet friends who had booked a caravan there. We only lasted one night and they lasted 3 nights instead of a week. Kids running around screaming till all hours and parents not much better but with lots of alcohol involved it wasn’t a nice place to be.
We " nearly " stayed on there once but the absolute chaos and mayhem around reception made us turn around and leave.

We did however only find out too late at the Lomond Woods Holiday Park, Balloch that it was just as bad and left after the first night of a 3 day break booked there.

Good to know thanks. We have just stayed at GreenAcres ,adult only site near Carlisle, Houghton ,so quiet but no atmosphere .I got charged for my sister who visited for a cup of tea ..

Good to know thanks. We have just stayed at GreenAcres ,adult only site near Carlisle, Houghton ,so quiet but no atmosphere .I got charged for my sister who visited for a cup of tea ..

I stayed at a site recently and we were told that any visitors would get charged £4 for 4 hours and if they stayed longer than that they would have been charged full fees.

I suppose it's to stop the ones who take the micky and try and get away without paying for all who are staying with them.

We used to stop on Park Dean sites which used to be £6/£7 a night inc EHU off season loved the one at Walton on the Naze not been for a few years but a great saving out of season and quiet too.

I stayed at a site recently and we were told that any visitors would get charged £4 for 4 hours and if they stayed longer than that they would have been charged full fees.

I suppose it's to stop the ones who take the micky and try and get away without paying for all who are staying with them.
I will read small print next time ,maybe it's the true scot coming out in me .lol

I will read small print next time ,maybe it's the true scot coming out in me .lol
One spelling of Tcheucter starts with T&C to remind you to read them! But I stay in Fife stands for Flaming Idiots Flaming Everywhere [other F words are available and are normally used in preference to 'Flaming', though the posh folk choose to spell the word wirh a 'Ph' because it causes an acidic reaction, not entirely verbal ... :eek:

Steve

The Haven site turned out to be nice and quiet which could be due to the fact there is no kids play area near the tourist area. A Toby Carvery not far from the main entrance and reasonably close to what I consider to be Blackpools best fish &chip shop "The Cottage". Good f&c are always worth seeking out unfortunately for us they were shut all week due to problems with the range.
I will use it again given the right offer. (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back