BEWARE TV DETECTOR VAN

The letters that come to my home have my name on them,dont know how they ever got it unless my cat told them cause i did not give him two pouches of food.

That's surprising.
Mine are addressed to "The Legal Occupier".

They are cute in their childish attempts to frighten.
I get a 'cut out & keep section' for me to use when they come to visit, complete with little scissors pictograph.

The letters do specifically state "It is illegal to watch or record..." so I would enjoy seeing somebody use the defence you often mention of just listening to the TV, not watching; it could work.

the enforcers no longer have ‘right of entry ‘ & you have to invite them in i live on a private estate a neighbour prosecuted last year proved they were not authorised to enter the estate and prosecution was void , the old detector vans may have worked but with the advent of digital signals are redundant

With the best will in the world...

The BBC couldn't find a bunch of bloody Paedophiles that were working for them.......

I wouldn't have much concern over them finding someone not paying for watching most of the crap they broadcast.

How long before you don't have to leave home before that applies😀😀
About 2 hrs to donegal or one hr if going south into louth at armagh crossing.
I am about half way from belfast m2 where rd goes of to larne turning right A8 ,red line is the border to irish republic.
N I map.png

Last edited:
the enforcers no longer have ‘right of entry ‘ & you have to invite them in i live on a private estate a neighbour prosecuted last year proved they were not authorised to enter the estate and prosecution was void , the old detector vans may have worked but with the advent of digital signals are redundant
Your tv produces a back signal from the mixer stage,but as you say vans no more,we found the burn well and boy can the drivers run. No equipment was harmed in this picture.

Attachments

• tv detector.png
    tv detector.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
enforcement has been outsourced to a private company, whilst they get an adequate return from sending threatening letters to unlicensed addresses they arnt going to spend money on detector vans which would generate minimal , if any, profit.

bottom line is enforcement is a business , sole purpose is to generate profit. 100% enforcement of the law is not even in the mission statement.

even defended prosecutions arnt cost effective.

worrying thing is this business model appears to be spreading into other aspects of law enforcement.

another simple example is speeding....current tech, average speed cameras and unmarked, unsigned mobile speed cameras could virtually eliminate intentional speeding very quickly, but it aint going to happen because of the current level of fine revenue.
we travelled 20 odd miles of m27 roadworks yesterday ,50mph limit, well signed average speed cameras, everybody stuck to the limit.

I was just thinking mibbiees I’ll change my WiFi name to that,spook the neighbours

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back