Best pub stop overs.

Wully

Down near Durham to go to the Beamish museum tomorrow. Came across probably the best pub stopover I’ve ever been too. The Black horse you can walk to Beamish from here it has a car museum lovely pub and restaurant loads of open space.

Down near Durham to go to the Beamish museum tomorrow. Came across probably the best pub stopover I’ve ever been too. The Black horse you can walk to Beamish from here it has a car museum lovely pub and restaurant loads of open space.

When you say stopover Wully do you mean overnight? If so what are the arrangements?

Would suit me perfick as a stop on the way to Scotland. 🙂

Rob just phoned ahead girl said no problem as long as you use the bar or restaurant. Pretty laid back the head groundsman directed us to a nice space with a brand new mains water outlet right next to us they are actually in the process of putting in electric hookups don’t know how that’ll work out with it being free.

Had a nice meal place was busy I take that as a good sign and the grub was good but a tad pricey for what it was or was that the five pints of landlord that pushed it up.

Rob just phoned ahead girl said no problem as long as you use the bar or restaurant. Pretty laid back the head groundsman directed us to a nice space with a brand new mains water outlet right next to us they are actually in the process of putting in electric hookups don’t know how that’ll work out with it being free.

Had a nice meal place was busy I take that as a good sign and the grub was good but a tad pricey for what it was or was that the five pints of landlord that pushed it up.

That's settled it then Wully. I do like a nice pint of TT Landlord.

I feel a mini gathering coming on!

Catching up, that looks ideal Wully. When we visited Beamish, we stayed at the Bobbly Shafto campsite, which was fine, the Black Horse certainly look a better option, as one can walk to Beamish, while at the site, we had to tidy up then drive over.

The Black Horse has always been a pretty good watering hole, it’s had an excellent reputation for years.

You can almost spit on our house from there, Wully. 😜😎

Guess we must be suffering from a bad case of b.o. 😉🤨😛🤷‍♀️

Have you submitted it as a PH on the Location App?

Back