best handheld vacuum for the van ????

vanmandan

have a 6volt Hoover Handy......not powerfull enough.
saw a friends small Dyson, very good.... but dont want to spend £150.
any suggestions ?????
just had the interior valeted....van's now spotless.
want to try and keep it that way.
thanks.

We use a dyson car and boat, which is excellent and comes with a range of tools plus a 12v and 240v chargers.
They might not be cheap, but I have tried most of the cheaper ones, but have never found any to be any good,
As the saying goes you get what you pay for

I know Dyson are expensive but I've had mine in the van since 2011 and it's still going strong. At the time, it was the most powerful handheld by far, with 22 volts of sucky power in the motor compared to most at 11v or less. Not sure how the market is now though.

Dyson all the way. I have the V8 animal. Expensive but it's the only handheld (I've had lots) that my Malamute's Fluff hasn't killed. I found cheaper ones tend to fall off in performance after 6 months or so, probably because they use brushed motors.

aldi sold a dyson last year for £89 and we bought a hoover copy same style for £55 from lidl that’s the one we carry in the van

We use a dyson car and boat, which is excellent and comes with a range of tools plus a 12v and 240v chargers.
They might not be cheap, but I have tried most of the cheaper ones, but have never found any to be any good,
As the saying goes you get what you pay for

I have the same and would highly recommend it. Not been charged or used for at least three months, yesterday cleaned inside and it worked well.

Another vote for Dyson.

I have a Dyson 10. I use it in my home, my car, and my MH.

Ok not cheap, but an excellent bit of kit.

How would you compare a hand held dyson to a hover cylinder for suction power our hover hose will stay on my hand just with suction a friends dyson hand held didn't come close

How would you compare a hand held dyson to a hover cylinder for suction power our hover hose will stay on my hand just with suction a friends dyson hand held didn't come close

Witzend is the Hoover battery or mains.
The dyson is battery operated but has plenty of power.
I would be surprised if any battery vac had more power.
Also on med setting it gives 30 mins, on low a full hour.
Great for wild camping .
Also I only have one Hoover for my home, mh, and car.

My Dyson cordless has two settings. Normal and Floorboard removal. It has never failed to pick anything up, including dog Fur off carpets. Although hand held (aren't all Vac's) it still comes with all the relevant heads but does not have a hose so can't compare.

Dyson V7 - yes very expensive but very good.
Other gets me to do house stairs with it as the power head is tread width and only takes a few minutes with no lugging cylinder and pipes around.

Just tried my hand over solid extension tube and the motor protect kicks in on full power so you get a pulsed suck. Still pulls your skin down the tube though.

Another thumbs up for a Dyson cordless.
Just used mine in the motorhome to pick up the remnants of my last 3 meals from floor lol and all the grass me and the dog have walked in since yesterday.
Only used low power setting, as others have mentioned they will pull up floorboards on high setting.

I'll have to look for the switch next time we visit her as hers seemed very low on suction defiantly no floor board power think it would struggle with a pencil . Our hover is 240 v her dyson is battery

I have about 4 12v suckers in work shop,not one worth a sh one tea apart from cleaning the work bench,will have a look at the dyson.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back