Best data sim for wifi router

I also use my phone as a hot-spot. My biggest problem is when I park up in weak signal areas. There are times when I get adequate signal outside the MH but due to the aluminium skin of the MH it doesn't work inside. What is the best device to act as a signal booster? I don't want to buy something that requires another SIM card.

How i get around that problem is to either put my phone on top of the dash in the windscreen or up in the heki with the blind partially closed so it can sit on that.

Thanks for that. My windscreen pull down shade has a foil backing so the skylight option sounds best

No worries, another reason for having the heki blind partially closed is to remind me that my phone is still up there and not drive off before getting it down.

Doesn`t always work but probably 8 out of 10 times it does help and costs nothing.

I live in my motor home full time and I have just secured an unlimited data upgrade to my ee phone sim for 15 quid a month, max 12 users tethered, fair usage of 1tb a month plus I can gift family members 100 gig a month for their own phones,, so I stream prime, Netflix and download torrents when the above charge extra for a certain movie.

Reactions: REC
I live in my motor home full time and I have just secured an unlimited data upgrade to my ee phone sim for 15 quid a month, max 12 users tethered, fair usage of 1tb a month plus I can gift family members 100 gig a month for their own phones,, so I stream prime, Netflix and download torrents when the above charge extra for a certain movie.
It's good in UK, but as always, a fair use limit in EU. Local unlimited SIM often available abroad ( well, Spain and Portugal) usually works out fairly reasonable. Vodafone pt, €30 euro unlimited data for 30 days. Or €15 for 15 days, supplemented by UK SIM using the allowed data, works well.

I purchased a 24 months sim from 'Three" unfortunately I've used the data in first 12 months.
Any add ons only last for 30 days.
What is the best solution to extend my data expiry date?
Or what is the best data sim with roll over data ?

Id mobile one month or Sky mobile for roll over

Hi we use a virgin SIm in a Maxview router and external aerial, its 3G a month with 3 G roll over at £6 per month. According to research they use the EE network, which is probably true as when in the Highlands we never lost network. So when our phones or Ipad lost network we used the vans router. Its a great system and we also have tv and catch-up via the router when no satellite.

I use a mixed bag of PAYG sims from the various main service providers and I tend to use the one most likely to actually provide some form of coverage.
For example Smarty coverage (via Three) is truly abysmal in parts, of Scotland Mull for example however O2 was working at full 4G.

Elsewhere the opposite may apply

Best solution is a dual sim router and or a couple of phones with sims from EE, Vodaphone, Three and O2 at least then if there is nothing it won't be down to the fact the wrong sims installed!

That should still work out cheaper than the only other viable alternative at £84 month from Elon Musk!

i parked on the tip of kintyre just over the hill from mull in september tylor was in wully’s van & logged on to my 3signal from my huawei hub good strong signal but wully on EE had nothing

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back