best air cooling fan for motorhome?

I`ve just ordered a Honeywell 12V fan from Argos..Thanks for reminding me. Argos number 312-7423 £15.00

I have a usb fan for the dash but never required to use it, lucky we have 3 big h duty skylights which open up to vent the bus, these can be opened when driving, no rain gets in.
roof to back.jpg

We bought a 'Hong Kong taxi fan' when in Hong Kong many years ago, they all had them then. Not had a lot of use for it untl Spain last year, 44 degrees in Córdoba. For nights it clips onto the strap that holds the bed in the upright position in our PVC, also to various cupboards in the living area. 21W and pretty powerful. Also have a hand-help rechargable fan which is useful.
Fan 1.JPG

Fan 2.JPG

Ok,
Soooo, I’ve got one of these -
IMG_3253.jpeg
IMG_3254.jpeg

It’s Portable, Silent, Multi Speed, & Rechargeable via USB / Solar.
IMG_3256.jpeg

It’s also a (limited) power bank for topping up your phone if needed.
I have it on the Gally work top angled to the Skylight when Cooking to help with the steam, in the Bedroom area on Uncomfortable Nights, Can leave it on until it goes flat (3-5hs ish) without worrying about the drain on Hab battery, I even have it in the Cab directed on my face when driving, it suits my needs 🤷🏻‍♂️
(Amazon)

I bought this in Tesco yesterday, £6. I doubt it could blow a candle out, so it will be going back.
20230709_165255.jpg

I bought this in Tesco yesterday, £6. I doubt it could blow a candle out, so it will be going back.
View attachment 121363
I have a pair of those (bought from Original Factory Shop ... a fiver each :p ) and actually while not powerful, they do move air around plus they are very quiet (noise is a big downside of the powerful fans) so I would maybe try it out for a bit longer .....

In the REALLY uncomfortable Hot & Sticky moments in life (Yesss Zombies of a certain age get Hot Flushes) then I switch on the BIG GUNS -
IMG_3259.jpeg

It’s mounted on the ceiling between the Cab & Hab, & I can feel the air movement while in bed at the Very Rear of Boxy (around 6m or so away)

I have seen a proper actic ice fan but think think are expensive, bit like a gas filed fridge coil with a fan behind it, they would be the dogs danglers.

Trev. I should have followed your advice ... I could have saved £4 on mine :(

Shame it would have cost me £8 in petrol to get to the nearest Poundshop :)
I always hold fire to im in a shop, never go out of my way to buy, it will take you years to get that few pounds saved up again LOL

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back