best air cooling fan for motorhome?

Charlie149

Hi, we are heading to Annecy and the Black Forest in the summer. We don't have a/c and are wondering what fans have been found to be effective at cooling mh air? I'm thinking particularly overnight. Our sleeping arrangements are over-lounge double and rear transverse bunks, so we'd be looking to hit both of those. Any thoughts gratefully received!

Hi, we are heading to Annecy and the Black Forest in the summer. We don't have a/c and are wondering what fans have been found to be effective at cooling mh air? I'm thinking particularly overnight. Our sleeping arrangements are over-lounge double and rear transverse bunks, so we'd be looking to hit both of those. Any thoughts gratefully received!

I bought two Endless Breeze 12v fans online from America last year for about £80 each including delivery.(I couldn't find a local supplier but that may have changed since then). I can't recommend them highly enough. We spent several weeks in France and Spain during July and August last summer and the fans were fantastic (no pun intended!).

We would use them in the living areas during the day, even when driving, but the best part for us was at night. They fit perfectly in our open roof lights, so they would blow air over both beds while we slept. It was so hot in Spain last year I don't think we could have stayed away so long without the fans.

I bought two Endless Breeze 12v fans online from America last year for about £80 each including delivery.(I couldn't find a local supplier but that may have changed since then). I can't recommend them highly enough. We spent several weeks in France and Spain during July and August last summer and the fans were fantastic (no pun intended!).

We would use them in the living areas during the day, even when driving, but the best part for us was at night. They fit perfectly in our open roof lights, so they would blow air over both beds while we slept. It was so hot in Spain last year I don't think we could have stayed away so long without the fans.

Hi, thanks for this. Can I ask what kind of roof vent you have? The Endless Breeze looks good but my husband is wondering where we'd put it (our mh isn't huge) - we have dometic rooflights.

A fan won't cool the air,it will just keep it moving and fresh,you can buy a breeze fan cooler but I'm sure ther only 230 volts.

I also imported an endless breeze fan and always carry it in the van. We have a mains voltage fan in the bedroom that we use all year round, but the endless breeze is an epic air mover.

I have a endless breeze fan for sale only used for two short periods, still boxed £50 collected or plus postage costs
Now sold to bazzybabes

Last edited:
Good morning Helen. I'm very interested, will pay cash and collect. Have pm'd you. Just need to know what model etc.

Hi, thanks for this. Can I ask what kind of roof vent you have? The Endless Breeze looks good but my husband is wondering where we'd put it (our mh isn't huge) - we have dometic rooflights.

Sorry I don’t know what sort of roof light we have and our Motorhome is not here to check it at the moment. The fan dimensions are 14 3/4" H x 13" W x 4" D. Most of the time we just stand it upright but I found I could position it over the bed by passing it diagonally through the rooflight and then it fits perfectly into the space.

If you are anywhere near West Lothian anytime, you are welcome to come and try it for size.

I have an earlier version of this fan,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PK-Green-M...=pk+green+fan&qid=1560092303&s=gateway&sr=8-1

It has 3 speeds and a timer, came with a short lead and crocodile clips as does the current version. I simply bought a long lead with cigarette socket similar to this,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUNCAN-Cig...y&sprefix=12+volt+,aps,186&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

It was a simple job to join the 2 cables and thus allow ease of placement anywhere in the van, the only permanent live 12volt supply was near the door about half way along the van, but in the ceiling, so longer lead was essential.

Pretty effective as an air mover, some noise as you would expect but not excessive. The other point was that this set up was at the time of purchase considerably cheaper than the endless breeze of which I have no experience. Wouldn’t be without ours on the continent, and whilst I haven’t done the sums, the solar panel seems to keep up with demand during the day which is when we tend to use ours.

Davy

I went down this route (car radiator fan), tested it last year cable tied to the Fiamma skylight in the race van, it worked but not being sealed the air was going everywhere, no good flow out as some of the air was deflected back round the outside of the fan.

I have recently picked up the project again and cut a thin bit of ply to fit the skylight, carpeted it, mounted the fan to it and it fits in the skylight and I made little sliders that hold it in place. The controller is this:

So it works pushing air out or pulling it in with speed control so its not at full chat all the time. I'll come back with pix when I'v got the van back, (steering rack), Battery wise, yes suppose you could come a cropper so depends on your setup, we have solar and a 270ah battery and running the fan most of the day on full or highish power and night time on a low setting just to circulate air theres not a dunt to the system (winter time with no sun is different though) and if your on EHU the battery charger goes on at night. Mk 3 version I may wire it into the 240v system with a switch so on EHU we dont use 12v at all but thats for next winter...

We use Hella twin speed. 12v bought for our boat 14 years ago. Removed and refitted to 4 motorhomes and still as good as ever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back