begorrah it’s official

the whole of the island of Ireland north and south is a special place, only politics and religion get in the way of that, and perhaps always will.

But that's the perspective of an English man so don't shoot me.

And the Vikings ruled most of Scotland and Ireland, so we are we Scandinavian or Celts, and the English are French, getting complicated now. 😂

My grandfather fought in the First World War Tim. He was a member of the Dublin fusiliers sent to Gallipoli. My dad was just a toddler then. But when my grandfather got home after being shot in the leg, and almost losing it. He was treated terribly by his own country. Something the Irish government only quite recently apologised for. They decided to move to Scotland and the rest is history.
Their is a very moving song about gallipoli called ,the band played walsing matilda by Eric Bogle, on , you tube

The story of the Dublin Fusiliers is a sad one tbh, they were treated badly by both London (who treated them as canon fodder) and Dublin (who saw them a mercenaries)

They were underdone by the Easter uprisings which pretty much left them in no man’s land (pardon the pun)

The story of the Dublin Fusiliers is a sad one tbh, they were treated badly by both London (who treated them as canon fodder) and Dublin (who saw them a mercenaries)

They were underdone by the Easter uprisings which pretty much left them in no man’s land (pardon the pun)
Some day it will be all fixed once we get rid of the brainwashed numbskulls on this Island who live in the past, time to move forward, there are bigger things to be looking at, merry xmas folks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back