Beemers old van

I think skirts need to come off to prepare them properly dont think it will last if sprayed in situ - put some armorall on graphics and over front wheel where it has peeled and it has put some life back in - but i think a compressed airline and blow the lacquer off will work - and try armorall again

I did all the plastic trim on my motorbike and all my truck dash with boiled linseed oil,that was over a month ago and they still look brand new,not sure how long it lasts but quick and easy to put on with a rag,much better than Armorall and costs peanuts.

I did all the plastic trim on my motorbike and all my truck dash with boiled linseed oil,that was over a month ago and they still look brand new,not sure how long it lasts but quick and easy to put on with a rag,much better than Armorall and costs peanuts.
I use boiled linseed oil. As you say it is no effort at all I do it in the Spring and again in the Autumn but it is so easy to apply it wouldn't bother be to do it more often.
Also it is surprising how a little goes a long way.

Only used armorall because i had it anyway but will try boiled linseed oil - gonna leave mad cow inside - spent another 9 hrs today removing damaged graphics some are ok so not removing them and a couple of gel coat repairs - 1 more sticker to remove the glue residue is hard work - hopefully i can finish tomorrow all bar high level 38mm strip which we haven't got - worst case wednesday

Up early again so will show gel coat repairs

A screw too far maybe Dave ( beemer will enlighten ) and maybe not him

DSCN2200.JPG

Little graze

DSCN2199.JPG

Finally swmbo has only driven it once before

DSCN2196.JPG
DSCN2198.JPG

These are close up pics area masked with sellotape because it is thin - prep area IPA clean off mask and fill 5 mins - not touching them again - pretty certain people wont spot them when i finish graphics and waxing but you know where to look when i put finish photos up - need to be a bit careful as part of side has been resprayed and there will be an etch primer waiting to show itself.

Also just going to blend new graphics into the old where i can - although i have seen them done on lorries where i worked years ago i have never done anything larger than a GB sticker - quite happy for critisism - next set of photos graphics in place and waxed even if i cock up - i will put them up

There are many excellent products to restore and give a lasting finish to trim. Some care is needed in application but they can give good and long term results.

Up early again so will show gel coat repairs

A screw too far maybe Dave ( beemer will enlighten ) and maybe not him

View attachment 83374

Little graze

View attachment 83376

Finally swmbo has only driven it once before

View attachment 83377View attachment 83378

These are close up pics area masked with sellotape because it is thin - prep area IPA clean off mask and fill 5 mins - not touching them again - pretty certain people wont spot them when i finish graphics and waxing but you know where to look when i put finish photos up - need to be a bit careful as part of side has been resprayed and there will be an etch primer waiting to show itself.

Also just going to blend new graphics into the old where i can - although i have seen them done on lorries where i worked years ago i have never done anything larger than a GB sticker - quite happy for critisism - next set of photos graphics in place and waxed even if i cock up - i will put them up
A screw too far? Is that on the back of the van?

A screw too far? Is that on the back of the van?

Hi Dave side of window above gas locker to rear of van where you put the trim around window ( looks like oops better get shorter screws ) that is assuming it is one of yours

Anyway finished stickers not too bad considering lined part up it through another part out waxed side quick look i'll get some more tomorrow down the beach and put them on tomorrow evening

I'll let Trev Skoda find it he knows what he's talking about

DSCN2201.JPG

Hi Dave side of window above gas locker to rear of van where you put the trim around window ( looks like oops better get shorter screws ) that is assuming it is one of yours

Anyway finished stickers not too bad considering lined part up it through another part out waxed side quick look i'll get some more tomorrow down the beach and put them on tomorrow evening

I'll let Trev Skoda find it he knows what he's talking about

View attachment 83394
I didn't realise I had gone through with the screw :(

So a few pics have made a visible mistake on graphics - think Trevskoda may spot it others i'm doubtful and Dave ( beemer knows where it is )

DSCN2211.JPG
DSCN2221.JPG
DSCN2227.JPG
DSCN2231.JPG

Ok it is shiny camera is not doing great especially as it's white next pic just behind shadow you should make out a mirror arm reflection

DSCN2251.JPG

For a 16 yr old van i'm certainly happy with end result and about 40 hrs hard work i now wait for Trevskoda to spot mistake or cheat and ask Beemer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back