Bargain of a lifetime

trevskoda

small steel cutting wheels, last few get in fast, I have ordered mine, cost over a pound each here.
discs.png

I don’t use them too often, and last time I went to a auto jumble there was a guy selling these at £5 per box of 50 so I had to buy a couple of boxes even though one box will last me a few years

I go through them like a knife through butter, I have also went through three angle grinders in 6 mths, just taken delivery of 2 new ones which will maybe last to xmass.

I go through them like a knife through butter, I have also went through three angle grinders in 6 mths, just taken delivery of 2 new ones which will maybe last to xmass.
Buy a Makita grinder Trev rather than cheap Chinese ones and it will last for years. I bought a few packs of thin cutting discs from Lidl the last time they had them in.

Buy a Makita grinder Trev rather than cheap Chinese ones and it will last for years. I bought a few packs of thin cutting discs from Lidl the last time they had them in.
I have had my makita grinder for well over 25 years, ok not used as much now but it’s first 10 years it was worked hard,and still works well

Purchased some to give them a try, I mainly cut stainless so they fingers crossed.
As for the grinder Trev go for the Mikita worth the extra cash for the time they last.
Keep them off the bench when using other grinders as the grinding dust gets into the windings and kills the grinder, it won't be the first time I have thrown one across the workshop after getting a shock.🤬

And keep your discs somewhere dry and where they wont get damaged....

Google Angle grinder accident if your wondering why.

Always wear goggles and never be in a position where the disc can hit you if it let's go....

Refer to my comment about googling angle grinder accident.

Never use discs you've used on steel/iron on Aluminium....

And keep your discs somewhere dry and where they wont get damaged....

Google Angle grinder accident if your wondering why.

Always wear goggles and never be in a position where the disc can hit you if it let's go....

Refer to my comment about googling angle grinder accident.

Never use discs you've used on steel/iron on Aluminium....
Think it is the other way around as the aluminium dust can ignite especially if the dust is collected in a bag with the likes of a die grinder or dyna file.

I went to the school of life and have been doing fabrication for over 40 years.😂

Purchased some to give them a try, I mainly cut stainless so they fingers crossed.
As for the grinder Trev go for the Mikita worth the extra cash for the time they last.
Keep them off the bench when using other grinders as the grinding dust gets into the windings and kills the grinder, it won't be the first time I have thrown one across the workshop after getting a shock.🤬
Its the trigger that seems to go on them, i have tried all makes from £14 to £100 all pack in after a short time.
Best is B&Q cause they have a year cover, so when they burn out i go back and get a replacement foc. ;)

Think I have only replaced a trigger once. I have my grinders set with each different grit on the fibre disc from 60g 80g 120g then finish with a scotchbright mop.
As for skinny discs I would not consider cutting alloy due to binding up and the disc shattering. I'll see how they go cutting stainless they better work as I've just purchased 240 discs. 😅
At that price it was worth the gamble I use Klingspor for all my abrasives but found 3M the best for the stainless cutting disc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back