Bargain of a lifetime

Thanks Sam.

The cut edge wouldn't be a problem. At present we cut aluminium with a hacksaw when they have got the measurements slightly wrong, but that is time consuming. We have tried it with an ordinary chopsaw but it's a multi-purpose blade and rips chunks out of it.

I might have to send Nigel a couple of scraps to try a cut or 2 for me! (pretty please Nigel).
no probs

I already have a larger Evolution saw on a stand which is a great bit of kit for wood or metal. The blade is just a bit too vicious for the ally strips though and tends to bend the points on 45 degree cuts. It also tends to snatch if holding the strip in place by hand while the cut is made. (yeah we're not very H&S conscious and speed is of the essence!) Maybe a different blade would help I suppose.
You may need a finer toothed blade.

i'd go with the evolution saw , it's great for accurate cutting,loads easier than a grinder . also cuts wood so win-win
I have two Evolution circular saws although one is fitted into a homemade table saw, they cut through anything but I keep an old blade for mild steel or pallet wood with nails in, they have come down a lot in price since they first appeared in B&Q years ago.

I have two Evolution circular saws although one is fitted into a homemade table saw, they cut through anything but I keep an old blade for mild steel or pallet wood with nails in, they have come down a lot in price since they first appeared in B&Q years ago.
good bit of kit ,have you worked out how to rejuvenate a bunt saw ?

I give them a good scrub to clean them up and get rid of deposits (sap etc) but no more than that, any tips are welcome:)
my tightass son's idea really . behind every tooth is a steel shoulder . he noticed the teeth had worn down to this level so he ground a bit off each shoulder to give a bit more depth

my tightass son's idea really . behind every tooth is a steel shoulder . he noticed the teeth had worn down to this level so he ground a bit off each shoulder to give a bit more depth
Are the blades not designed to be re-sharpened? The tungsten tipped ones I use are also the HSS blades in the mec brown are also.

don't think so . as far as i can see the shoulder behind the blade means only the very tip of the tooth can cut . once that's worn ,then it can't cut

don't think so . as far as i can see the shoulder behind the blade means only the very tip of the tooth can cut . once that's worn ,then it can't cut
I'm not familiar with the evolution blades.

i . i also use one of these . the blades seem a bit dear ,but i found a way of extending blade life ,so they're not so bad .https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-rage4-1250w-185mm-electric-chop-saw-230v/97351
i have seen 9'' skinny blades and i'll never be brave enough to try one
Its big brother is on offer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back