Bad news for forecourt LPG

So can you refill your on board tank or does it just allow you to run your appliances at that moment in time?
The later. Inside the van is as normal but you have the calor bottle outside. It was a practise i took up in countries with incompatible bottles first of all. MUST have a regulator attached to bottle though. Don't know legal aspect I'm afraid.

I am actually very tempted to get a second one as it is a good price and a very controllable product
(we have underfloor heating downstairs and it is very poor in terms of flexibility - if it is colder than expected, can take hours to warm up the room!)
I did get a 2nd one as I really liked the way the heater works and I think it is very good value, so this 2nd one will be used when just need some boost downstairs without going full-blown and slow central heating.

After I started using this in my studio, I was able to put the little Oil Rad and the semi-operational IR heater away. And instead of turning them on and having them on all day, I only have this Govee fan heater on intermittantly, so it seems far more effective.
And the icing on the cake - I don't have to go to the heater, or even pick up the phone to use the app, I just tell Alexeen (my Alexa is Australian :) ) to turn the heater on and off ...."Alexa, turn govee heater on medium" for example. Magic!

@DTF
That is an interesting link I had no idea doing that was feasible, I think I will buy one of those just in case!

Just get one of these:

Regards,
Del
Bought one when Autogas fitted the refillable system in Jul 2021, 'in case you ever go to the Highlands' as Charlie put it ...

Steve

In Dover, the Western Docks filling station sells LPG for the fridge lorries that use it as well. But it is 99.9p per litre.

Most of the LPG we got over the summer was in the region of 99p a litre. I think Marquis motorhomes in Devon were charging about £1.30! When your not spoilt for choice there isnt a lot you can do. If there are less and less stations I bet they all start going up.

That's a big hike won't be going there then will stick to Preston gas centre
I actually live closer ( 5 minutes away ) to the Preston Gas Centre down Factory Lane but Morrisons is easier for my sized motorhome.

Last couple of times i tried down there Swift Tyres and the car body shop opposite the entrance has had cars everywhere, i need to reverse in so my fill point is on the correct side.

The other stand alone pump wasn`t working or was empty.

It`s the last time i`ll ever fill it so that`s ok.

I actually live closer ( 5 minutes away ) to the Preston Gas Centre down Factory Lane but Morrisons is easier for my sized motorhome.

Last couple of times i tried down there Swift Tyres and the car body shop opposite the entrance has had cars everywhere, i need to reverse in so my fill point is on the correct side.

Giving up Graham or getting a new van? If you’re giving up thanks for all the advice and help you’ve given me over the years.
Tony

We've only just got our motorhome with LPG tank so when I went down to Preston gas I didn't realise the stand alone one wasn't theirs only when I went in for help as couldn't connect properly that they said that's not their pump and had to reverse down to their pump luckily it was clear as our van is 7.4 m so can see it being a problem if other businesses leave vehicles in the way

The cheapest in our area is Morrisons at 99p the alternative independent supplier is £1.20. I buy about 2,500 litres per year for my home heating and even this quantity is costing 78p per litre. For the small amounts we use in our motorhomes I think we will soon be paying a lot more than £1 per litre.

And in Scotland, too! 99.7p yesterday in Kirkcaldy. And diesel 11p more expensive than unleaded. Morrisons deserve to struggle

Steve
If there are cheaper sources locally they will struggle. If their prices are competitive it probably reflects the local distribution costs. Our Morrisons is still the cheapest source of LPG in the area. The next two nearest ones are 10p and 20p more expensive.

If there are cheaper sources locally they will struggle. If their prices are competitive it probably reflects the local distribution costs. Our Morrisons is still the cheapest source of LPG in the area. The next two nearest ones are 10p and 20p more expensive.
Had to visit Dunfermline today and Asda diesel was 151.7 [12 miles away, so distribution costs not materially different]. Unleaded 142.7, so *only* 9p differential. Back in late November/ear;y December 2023, the price differential was significantly lower, so somebody is profiteering - again ...

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back