Bad news for forecourt LPG

Admin

Administrator
Morrisons has announced the sale of all its fuel stations to MFG. MFG announced in 2022 that it was removing LPG from all its fuel stations so I can only assume that this will now include morrisons

Bummer. You really need to plan ahead now in the UK. A backup Calor is a must these days I think.

Finally, after 8 years, my decision may be proved correct.
I fitted Gaslow with back up Calor in 2015.

So far, the only time I've used the Calor was when a Spanish fuel station was closed on a Sunday.

Finally, after 8 years, my decision may be proved correct.
I fitted Gaslow with back up Calor in 2015.

So far, the only time I've used the Calor was when a Spanish fuel station was closed on a Sunday.

Used mine loads in the UK over the past few years but we do tend to stay a while in one place and often in rural areas where LPG pumps are scarce at the best of times.

The method I use is generally two weeks or a bit more on the 11kg Gaslow and if we havent moved or no LPG available switch to Calor until such time as I can find an LPG station. That way ill never run out of gas in theory. Once the calor runs out ill switch back to the Gaslow then go off on the scooter with the empty Calor for a replacement as and when its convenient. Generally you can always find someone selling Calor although there have been shortages of those also.

Super. Andys gas is close at cribbs causeway though. For now.

Used mine loads in the UK over the past few years but we do tend to stay a while in one place and often in rural areas where LPG pumps are scarce at the best of times.

I have a spreadsheet which (among other things) predicts my LPG remaining and usage based on time of year and type of location.

Hence I have a good estimate in advance of how long the LPG will last The Spanish problem was a result of too many spontaneous gas BBQs.

I have a spreadsheet which (among other things) predicts my LPG remaining and usage based on time of year and type of location.

Hence I have a good estimate in advance of how long the LPG will last The Spanish problem was a result of too many spontaneous gas BBQs.

Had our Gaslow since 2008. We have a bet every time we fill it how much it will take and we are generally within a single litre or so either way. General usage off grid without using heating hardly at all, if at all is between .65 to a litre a day.

With Asda forecourt’s going cashless that probably means they will get rid of lpg pumps too because they need a maned forecourt when there is an lpg pump. We have one decent independent near us but it looks like it’s gonna get scarce.

Had our Gaslow since 2008. We have a bet every time we fill it how much it will take and we are generally within a single litre or so either way. General usage off grid without using heating hardly at all, if at all is between .65 to a litre a day.

In the UK I estimate a little higher for off-grid use.
Fridge / Freezer 400g (0.8 litre) & Cooking 50-350g ( 0.1 to 0.7 Litre) per Day.

I was thinking about this the other day, when I saw that major motor manufacturers were dropping electric and going for hydrogen or distilled water.
In the case of Hydrogen, a new pump would be needed on the forecourt. The obvious place for it would be where the LPG pump is, to my mind. Bye, bye LPG ?

Glad I kept a 6kg Calor, I did debate getting two refillables, but nowhere to store a Calor cylinder

I'll be fine, I've got an emergency camping gas canister.

We'll gloss over the oven and shower only working on gas 😕

Is Flogas still operating their LPG keysites or not? Trying to search on their website is impossible, even when I specify autogas LPG the map search still shows all types of gas stockists.
Also, for over a year now they have been stating that they are unable to any new keysite accounts "due to a shortage of keys"!?
I suspect that the system is wound down and they haven't bothered to update their website

Not used a Morrisons for a year or more even though there’s a few around me. Probably use BP most. Can’t see lpg going any time soon, will probably be me goes first. I am a low user as well so lately just been carrying the one 10kg bottle around, got an almost full Gaslow 11kg in the greenhouse so with the two bottles it best part of a years supply for me lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back