Bad/good news?

:wave:
Getting excited now, I better think about packing and stuff. Not that I take much anyway. :)

Ferry booked :D 0015 of the 20th.

Work until 1 in the afternoon, go get the Van from storage , pack a few things, leave home latest 20.00 hours be at Dover around 23.00, cross the channel get to Citie Europe, have a nap, depart in the morning, and arrive in Portalegre late Sunday around time for supper cooked by Mother in Law :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Sounds like you have everything sorted Jose, have a safe trip down there, congratulations on becoming a 'godfather' and have a very Merry Christmas!
See you at the Severn Bore Meet in March.

Best regards Rog.

Just a question

I have been reading about parking in Dover in the esplanade waiting for the Ferry. Now can't we wait in the Port?? Don't they have a car park were we can wait for a couple hours??
say I have my ferry at 00.15, If I arrive at the Port at , say 19.00 can't I drive into the Port and wait there???

:help:

If you arrive that early, and they have room, you'll get an earlier sailing.
There is little chance you can wait in the port that long though, perhaps 3 hours early wont be a problem though.

Chance of Underware

Just needed to change my underware.

Downloaded the POIs for France, Follow all the instructions ,got a good result, ejected the Garmin and as soon I unplugged it got the blue screen of death on my PC. :scared::scared::scared:
Luckily it looks like just a glitch and everything is working

Safe trip

Hi inglejano,

Have a safe trip we found the roads coming up from Portugal very good and did not use one toll road until we we got in to France but then only used them to travel longer distance as the Gas fire was not working and it got very cold in the night.
A lot of the HGV drivers were using the N roads as a lot of them have been upgraded to a high standard and we found we could drive at 65-70 with no problems.
Have a good one.

Snowbirds.

Just needed to change my underware.

Downloaded the POIs for France, Follow all the instructions ,got a good result, ejected the Garmin and as soon I unplugged it got the blue screen of death on my PC. :scared::scared::scared:
Luckily it looks like just a glitch and everything is working

Hi inglejano,

Have a safe trip we found the roads coming up from Portugal very good and did not use one toll road until we we got in to France but then only used them to travel longer distance as the Gas fire was not working and it got very cold in the night.
A lot of the HGV drivers were using the N roads as a lot of them have been upgraded to a high standard and we found we could drive at 65-70 with no problems.
Have a good one.

Snowbirds.

Thanks Snowbirds

Planing to use tool roads only between Bordeaux and Victoria as I don't fancy driving in the mountains at this time of the year.
When you say 65-70 hope you talking Kms cause if its Miles I'll need to fill my water tanks with Diesel at that speed ;)

Last night sorted my BT/FON user and Password so hopefully I'll keep a diary of the trip.

Forgive all this excitement but is my first trip on the Caracol and was a unexpected one at that so me and the Mrs are really excited and worried at the same time.:banana::rolleyes2:

Hi inglejano,

Yes that is 65-70 mph,but I do tend to run it at 3,000 revs and get 30 to the gallon,but have worked not worked out my total usage over the last three months in Europe yet,I always try to cross the channel on a low tank and fill up at the first Inter Marche near the Football stadium just out side Calais.
Have a safe trip.

Regards Snowbirds.:wave:

Thanks Snowbirds

Planing to use tool roads only between Bordeaux and Victoria as I don't fancy driving in the mountains at this time of the year.
When you say 65-70 hope you talking Kms cause if its Miles I'll need to fill my water tanks with Diesel at that speed ;)

Last night sorted my BT/FON user and Password so hopefully I'll keep a diary of the trip.

Forgive all this excitement but is my first trip on the Caracol and was a unexpected one at that so me and the Mrs are really excited and worried at the same time.:banana::rolleyes2:

Home

Hi guys
After a few adventures finally I'm with the family.
The first adventure was having to be towed from the storage as the Van went deep into mud. Luckily there was a guy with a military 4x4 at hand and got me out,

Got on the way to Dover and the GPS was sending me via Folkstone, Luck again my copilot was awake and notice the sign saying there was a problem on the tunnel and the traffic was chock a block from Folkstone to Calais, so made a bit of a deviation via A2 and arrived just in time for the Boat.
In Calais decided to sleep at Citie Europe and that was the worst night ever with wind. The Van just felt like a boat in High Weather.
Next day programmed the GPS for No Tolls, Biggest mistake ever when you need to be at certain time in certain place. After a days drive I was still in Normandy :scared:
Sunday just decide to ignore the no tolls rule and start do proper drive. Made it Home at 1.30 Am
And now while all the family is starting to cook dinner and SHOUTING I'm in the Caracol enjoying a bit of peace and quiet

Bemvindo

To civilisation !

Enjoy your holiday, Stay warm.

Managed 2hours after lunch sunbathing this pm before the clouds came over. 22 C on our sheltered terrace.

Have a proper Portuguese Feliz Natal.

Thanks Paul
Its so nice to go out just with a tShirt;)
I really feel the batteries charging

Gave up on toll free route as well. Ok at night time I suppose. Too much traffic during the day.
Coffee in Starbox El Jadida. Wifi too. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back