B cels

campervanannie

So here’s a question perhaps Dr Snowgoose - W.T.F, O.M.G, BSc (bs)*. can find the answer, 😂.

so I had my Covid jab last Saturday all was well but over the couple of days my RA has been off the scale swollen joints pain that’s a lot more than the pain I have learned to live with really struggling with walking and stairs, I have Retuximab intravenously given every 6 months due to my CV jab it’s been delayed but if Retux depletes my BCels and the jab boosts them it seems the jab is working and they have woke up hungry or am I over thinking it.

Last edited:
I had mine on Wednesday and had just an aching arm but as the week has gone I have arthritis in one knee, which I also injured last August, my knee has become very swollen and more painful as the days have gone on, that appears to be the only part of me that has been affected i suppose it could just be a coincidence

I had mine on Wednesday and had just an aching arm but as the week has gone I have arthritis in one knee, which I also injured last August, my knee has become very swollen and more painful as the days have gone on, that appears to be the only part of me that has been affected i suppose it could just be a coincidence
Can I ask is it Rheumatoid Arthritis or Arthritis as they are very different.

Annie, I has my zoledronic infusion on 7th January, so I'm not 6 weeks past that yet, which is supposed to be the "safe passage of time" allowed before you get any other treatments you might need, like dentistry etc.

Had trouble with joints on and off due to after effects of chemo, but over the last few months that seems to be settling down.
But that may flare up as it has with you and Cass after vaccination.
I doubt any joint pain I get will be as awful as yours, and I really feel for you just now! 😟 😘

How much they take into consideration other treatments/meds people are on I honestly don't know - does anyone?!

TBH I'm not looking forward to getting the jab, but needs must.
Looks like it will be this next week for me, awaiting GP to get in touch, hopefully it will be beginning of this next week.
After that it's fingers crossed. I'd sooner have it as not. Hopefully if I get any painful joints afterwards it will fade in time...🤞

The only reaction I appear to be suffering is mucus and I have a small cough that I did not have before, I had my jab last saturday.

WEll i have had a drippy nose cough and ear infection from last year when wifes dad went in with hart attack and with 10 in his ward only 3 came out, the rest had breathing props and i suspect it was cov but hospital did not know at the time, so im now wondering have i had it and now with the after efects of it. :eek:

WEll i have had a drippy nose cough and ear infection from last year when wifes dad went in with hart attack and with 10 in his ward only 3 came out, the rest had breathing props and i suspect it was cov but hospital did not know at the time, so im now wondering have i had it and now with the after efects of it. :eek:

Well if you have already had it Trev, it puts you in a good position. The rest of us that haven't will still have to do the coffin dodging for a while. :)

So here’s a question perhaps Dr Snowgoose - W.T.F, O.M.G, BSc (bs)*. can find the answer, 😂.

so I had my Covid jab last Saturday all was well but over the couple of days my RA has been off the scale swollen joints pain that’s a lot more than the pain I have learned to live with really struggling with walking and stairs, I have Retuximab intravenously given every 6 months due to my CV jab it’s been delayed but if Retux depletes my BCels and the jab boosts them it seems the jab is working and they have woke up hungry or am I over thinking it.
Just had a read about Retuximab, and in studies it decreased the T cells which help fight infections. Could be that the vaccine has made your T cells work harder and caused them to wake up and start attacking your joints.

I too have the osteo variant of the old arthriticals and since my injection 3 weeks ago I have had more than the usual discomfort, it's not affected the blood problem though. So yes Annie, if mine is making my eyes water, your version must be truly awful, get in touch with the vet pdq and find out which potions and things are conflicting with which
All the best chuck

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back