virgil

How do we post an avatar on our postings? I have an image on my profile page but cannot see how to post an avatar!

virgil said:
How do we post an avatar on our postings? I have an image on my profile page but cannot see how to post an avatar!
I cant post a avatar either, no one else seems to have one so it must not be possible.:(

Smilies

I'd like to know how you guys get smilies into your text. I can only locate one at the heading. I don't see them anywhere other than at the bottom of the "message" box. I've email admin, but got no reply?

beejay said:
I'd like to know how you guys get smilies into your text. I can only locate one at the heading. I don't see them anywhere other than at the bottom of the "message" box. I've email admin, but got no reply?

Beejay... When replying to threads/posts there is a box at the bottom left which is headed "posting rules", inside this box is a link to "smilies on/off"!
I click on this link and copy and paste the smilies onto the reply box!

Hope this helps! ;)

Smilies

Thanks Virgil.
I had already noticed this box, but with it stating that smilies were "ON" I figured that you guys must know something that I didn't know. Which proved to be the case. Hmmmmm! Having said that, it still doesn't work? I've gone to the smilies displayed, clicked to copy the one I want, but returning to my text box, the "paste" facility is not highlighted, so it wont copy??? In other forums that I belong to, the smilies for headers & text are on the same text area that you are using, so you can add smilies as you write. So where am I going wrong on this?

Easiest way is to type what you see in the "what to type" column in the smilies page!
So to get this one :cool: then type first : then cool then : and it should look like this :cool:

Smilies

Graham, I'm clicking in the "Reply" as opposed to the "Quick reply"??
Tried it again, it still wont allow me to paste, once copied.
Just tried Virgils alternative & it's come up ok. seems a long winded way though. Much prefer to "click & paste" or better still, just click. :)

Right back to this voting business. ;)

graham/kath said:
I don't understand why it will not work for u.:confused:
As I am writing this now, my smilies are on the right of this text & I can click on one at any time & it will appear on my screen. :cool: Think that u need to contact Phil (Admin) maybe he will know why urs r not working.
regards graham

Mine are not on the screen at all! I have to open the "smilie" page if I want to copy and paste a smilie!

Just a shot in the dark but maybe the browser security is set too high and won't allow that bit of HTML (or what ever the site is written in) to work. in IE6 it's tools > internet options and you can adjust the security level. Give it a go. It's also the same in IE7 i think.

ROCKIN.

No change!

Hi Rockin, just tried your suggestion, but no different. Certainly can't see any smilies whilst typing, except for the headers at the bottom of the text box.

Mine is set at high (I have three littlens under 11 that use this PC) and the smilies is on but I do not mind opening the smilie page and copying and pasting!

YEP! Smilies are on, but can't paste after copying, & they aren't at the side of the text box. So I'm losing all round. How do I contact Admin. Did so last time but got no reply. (See previous post in Avatars)

Haven't made it to the garage yet. Sun still belting down.;)

I've just had a look at the source code for the page and it's written in HTML and the smiles are classed as a font. (I don't know too much about this stuff). If you go to the Security page and then click on Custom Level. In here check to see if Font Download is set too Enable.
If it is then i'm barking up the wrong tree(or just barking!).

Smilies

I have the same problem. My smilies are ON, but HMTL is OFF. I am unable to click hmtl on.
I cannot get smilies inside of my text box, only outside of the heading box,as demonstrated. Like Beejay, we are in the same boat and sinking fast. And I ain't smiling at the moment and won't be smiling if I don't get them goddamn smilies, smiling for me. Keep smiling folks!!!!

David & Ann said:
I have the same problem. My smilies are ON, but HMTL is OFF. I am unable to click hmtl on.
I cannot get smilies inside of my text box, only outside of the heading box,as demonstrated. Like Beejay, we are in the same boat and sinking fast. And I ain't smiling at the moment and won't be smiling if I don't get them goddamn smilies, smiling for me. Keep smiling folks!!!!

My set up is the same as yours! I just either copy and paste them or type them :D

Virgil, You're right. Where's me leathers, not a cloud in the sky.
But I aint heading darn sarf, Graham says he ain't got no sun?;)

Cant add an avatar?

cant add an avatar? the option is disabled in the user options? can anyone help with this or does anyone know if you have to speak to admin? :confused:
Virgil any luck?

I seem to have the same... It seems like 2 different halves of a box joined together and I cannot alter!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back