Ariel bio clothes capsules 3 in 1 pods

• Thread starter Deleted member 71915
  • Start date
Just use the Lidl/Aldi green toilet liquid. With the current price of washing tabs and liquids, it works out dearer to use the "wrong" stuff! We travel in the EU a lot and in hot weather, you need to dose it up every day. If you don't, it stinks. I know the excuse for using washing tablets and liquids used to be it was cheaper, but that is no longer the case. We dose once and it is fine to when it it emptied. washing products are just that, washing products. Not to mention putting Bio stuff into septic tanks. And you can't tell if it is septic tank or not!

Just use the Lidl/Aldi green toilet liquid. With the current price of washing tabs and liquids, it works out dearer to use the "wrong" stuff! We travel in the EU a lot and in hot weather, you need to dose it up every day. If you don't, it stinks. I know the excuse for using washing tablets and liquids used to be it was cheaper, but that is no longer the case. We dose once and it is fine to when it it emptied. washing products are just that, washing products. Not to mention putting Bio stuff into septic tanks. And you can't tell if it is septic tank or not!
I bought two elsan 2 litre green liquid bottles for £24.20 in February. I reckon that will last me 18 to 24 months
It works a treat, even in hot weather we hardly ever get any odour from our cassette. And it’s sceptic tank friendly.
We also use the elsan rinse in the pink bottles, a bottle normally lasts over a year.

I bought two elsan 2 litre green liquid bottles for £24.20 in February. I reckon that will last me 18 to 24 months
It works a treat, even in hot weather we hardly ever get any odour from our cassette. And it’s sceptic tank friendly.
We also use the elsan rinse in the pink bottles, a bottle normally lasts over a year.

That is what we have found, but we use Lidl when they have it (I buy it a few at a time when they have it!) and I use one a year. They are also 2 ltr bottles. We paid £5 per container last year, so guess it will go up this year, but still a lot cheaper than constant dosing with washing liquid.

I just use a scoop of any bio wash powder, i carry an old salt bottle full of it in the van, ps dont mix this up with the chips one. 😂

Does this bio tabs/liquid work as good as the green toilet stuff? and does it work out cheaper? I have a couple of large bottles of green toilet stuff that came with the MH so not had to buy anything yet.
I don't think anyone can i answer that question correctly . I personally think any saving would be peanuts ,

I don't think anyone can i answer that question correctly . I personally think any saving would be peanuts ,
£1 for a big box of tablets and last lot lased for 2 years before i bought a massive industrial box of cheap powder which cost £5.

£1 for a big box of tablets and last lot lased for 2 years before i bought a massive industrial box of cheap powder which cost £5.
Looking at prices now, the cheapest tablets or capsules are 16p each! They are boxes of 25. So, having to dose up every day when it is warm, that wouldn't even see out a holiday! It is about £3.36 for 21 days. My 2 ltr green liquid that I paid a fiver for has lasted all of last years trips away, including weekends and days out (just). So a £4, it would work out much more expensive. I have no idea where you shop, but even the cash and carry's are dearer than that now.

Going by the instructions on our Lidl green liquid, it says 100 ml to be added to the cassette. That makes the cost 25p at a time. That lasts through to when it is emptied, 2-4 days. In just two days the tablets are 32p, especially when hot. Even more for the full four days. (64p). I would say that is a saving worth making.

Looking at prices now, the cheapest tablets or capsules are 16p each! They are boxes of 25. So, having to dose up every day when it is warm, that wouldn't even see out a holiday! It is about £3.36 for 21 days. My 2 ltr green liquid that I paid a fiver for has lasted all of last years trips away, including weekends and days out (just). So a £4, it would work out much more expensive. I have no idea where you shop, but even the cash and carry's are dearer than that now.
Every day - why?

I used to use wash tabs but they invariably have a built-in conditioner that leaves a sticky residue in the cassette so I now use Dr Beckmann's bio laundry sheets, granted my waste doesn't smell of floral lavender or essence of Nordic pine forest but ½ a sheet is cheaper, just as effective and no sticky residue

I dose once a mth as only do trips to donegal, they do have loos in cafes and shops so loo only used a few times on a long drives up and back home.

Going by the instructions on our Lidl green liquid, it says 100 ml to be added to the cassette. That makes the cost 25p at a time. That lasts through to when it is emptied, 2-4 days. In just two days the tablets are 32p, especially when hot. Even more for the full four days. (64p). I would say that is a saving worth making.
Once a small amount added the bio keeps going, its only if you empty then a new batch is required, how many shiscababs in a day do you do. :eek: 😂

Every day - why?
In the south of France or during the very hot weather we have had in the UK over the last couple of years, using washing stuff does not cover the smells! As someone else has also said, it requires a dose every day to keep the smell away.

Once a small amount added the bio keeps going, its only if you empty then a new batch is required, how many shiscababs in a day do you do. :eek: 😂
No sorry, that is not the case. This is enzymes designed to clean clothes and only a small amount of human waste. Talk to the companies who make it, they will tell you it doesn't work. It certainly doesn't multiply, as your post suggests

About a year ago I decided to try the Aldi Bio liquid clothes detergent putting a big amount in …… However the smell coming out of the cassette wasn’t nice. Persevered for a year as we wild camp for weekends mainly. Just decided to go back to Elsan “Teabags” , got off Amazon £20.95 for 21. I will hope they stop the stink over our 3-4 day trips where we don’t empty cassette until home

In the south of France or during the very hot weather we have had in the UK over the last couple of years, using washing stuff does not cover the smells! As someone else has also said, it requires a dose every day to keep the smell away.
No smell out of my cassette whatsoever, change your diet LOL

......Long thread
So what's the best way of treating your cassette toilet bearing in mind environmental consequences, smell and cost ??
TBH I would prefer to be using a compost two part toilet and am probably going to save up and get one as the Cassette ones are a pain in the arse (pun intentended)

The triple capsules are no good. You only benefit from the detergent bit, so look for the detergent-only sort, or use liquid detergent.

Whether it smells or not depends on the bacteria in your gut. Zoe says mine is excellent, which may be why laundry liquid works so well for me. I don't know.

What I do know is that Lidl laundry tabs work far better than green or blue toilet fluid, or Solbio, even when I have to use the cassette that has no S0G connector.

Whether it is cheaper or not is immaterial. Even if it costs more, it is better, and isn't a significant expense.

Reactions: RAW
Back